Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 07-14-2021, 09:15 PM   #2129
The Nemesis
Alternator
Re: ToysRUs.ca Transformers Sightings and discussion

This whole setup seems bafflingly stupid. They cancel the order but expect to still "honor" the pre-order by making us buy from a store instead?

It feels like they're just adding additional steps to the process where things can go wrong. I don't honestly see the upside to this except, as someone said, that it saves them the expense of shipping individual units to people when they can instead force them to visit nearby stores.

But I also don't trust my nearby store to know that there's supposed to be a unit earmarked for me to pick up and not put it on the shelf. They already can't/won't properly check stock levels, what assurance would there be that they check a roster of "people who are owed one of these?" that would come through with/ahead of the shipment vs some stock jockey just dumping the whole batch out onto store shelves?

It's also weird that they pull a cancellation notice on my Rodimus order when it's still like a week away from its original release date, but for The Ark they instead just give me a "it's delayed" notice. No cancellation. Why? What makes one situation different from the other?

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.