Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 02-08-2021, 10:20 AM   #22
imfallenangel
Cybertron
Re: Poll: Would you buy a Haslab Titan Class toy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
The ark does nothing for me. I can see the appeal, of course. But the titan class to this point is still toys or characters we have connections to. $250 for a spaceship with a random robot mode is not gonna do it for me.

I think it will be curious if/when transformers movies come out again, what the toy sales are like. Whether I hate the bayformers movies or not (and I do) is irrelevant. They gave transformers the highest profile they had ever had and cemented them as pop culture fabric. And the movie toylines probably are why we could get generations and more fan oriented stuff.

Will it happen again?
Agreed.. that's why I'm saying that the Ark being a play set type that you could use with the figures (deluxes, voyagers, etc.) would be the biggest selling point of such a toy.

Trouble is, that makes it nothing more than a small shuttle, as otherwise, it would have be be gigantic, possibly a "barbie doll house" type that you put together with panels, but that would stop many as space wise, most people are too limited for such.

Having it that it might fit a couple of the new "core" figures instead is probably the plan. But if anything like Jetfire that really did a crappy job at such a thing (integration of the head/titan master) I don't expect a smart/good design if they did it. (Heck, even Omega and the other Titans didn't do a good job at it, at least not as much as they could or should have.)

But again, having turn into a robot, to me doesn't work, hence why it would have to be a miracle to "grab" me, especially at a high price... odds are, as much as I LOVE spaceships, this will probably be a pass, ESPECIALLY if it's stupidly overpriced.

I got Fortress on a whim more than anything else, but Omega was a must have (but again, I almost wish that I went with a 3rd party version instead). Note that I did get both on sale prices, so a good 40-50$ (or more, I can't remember how much) less then regular prices

What characters should they have gone with instead? One is easy, I suggested (Armada) Tidal Wave last year and a LOT of fans agreed. There was a huge support for it.

And the movies stuff, lots of the toys are quite decent, some excellent. The movies are about leaving your brain at the door, but yes, they pumped BILLIONS into Hasbro that so many whine and cry over how poor Hasbro has such a little budget and how they struggle to afford making quality toys that aren't complete.

Last edited by imfallenangel; 02-08-2021 at 10:59 AM.
imfallenangel is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.