Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Thread: Winter tires
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2020, 12:03 AM   #10
Chigimus
Masterpiece
Re: Winter tires

Winter tires are legit! Haven't gone through a winter without them in over 10 years but I see a huge difference between my so-called all-seasons and my winter set nearly every year because I procrastinate about swapping sets almost every year. If it's only going to snow for a few days as fall is about to turn to winter but the daytime highs are still going back up to +7 or more in another week or 2, it's not time to put the winters on just yet but during that brief first load of snow we tend to get here in AB before fall is really done for the year, there is a very noticeable difference to me.

From a stopped position at a red light, trying to take off on a green is a crawl out with my all-seasons but little to no problem on my winters. Stopping distance is a huge difference too. On my all-seasons, full bite on the rotors, my ABS kicks in like crazy and the all-seasons give me a slow but enduring slide. My winters shave that down and gets me to a full stop within half that time or even quicker.

All-seasons force you to slow down in the winter because they don't have the traction to allow you to accelerate like normal nor do they allow you to decelerate like normal either. It's bat shit crazy when I'm doing just the speed limit to get around the strugglers.
Chigimus is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.