Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 04-10-2010, 08:55 AM   #23
GMfan
Robot in Disguise
Re: Which of the Unicron Trilogy do you like more...or hate least?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stapler View Post
I voted G1 because that's what I grew up on and still love and cherish to this day. I know that every generation has it's own TFs, but G1 is the one that still feels the most like Transformers to me. And the 86 movie is still one of my all time favorite movies ever made (Go GMfan, laugh. You know you want to). Animated or otherwise.

Out of AEC, I don't know... I actually enjoyed Cybertron. actually grew to enjoy watching it on Friday evenings. Something about it just made me feel like I was watching Reboot, Beast Wars or Shadow Raiders again. I guess I could best discribe Cybertron as a guilty pleasure.

I want to like Armada and Energon but they just don't do it for me. I did like Armada more than Energon, though. But my desire to watch them was based entirely on Demolisher. I don't know why but he was my favorite character in those series. I guess I kind of related to him somehow. I was really loving his story in Energon because he was the most interesting and likable character in it. I really wanted to see how he would come to terms with his conflictions and how he would grow as a character... Then they ruined him and I dropped the series all together. But Snowcat rocks!
Why would I laugh? The 86 movie is probably the animated film I watched the most as a kid...maaaybe Land Before Time was close second but looking at my old VHS none of them stick out as much as the 86 movie (oh so much money pissed away renting that film so often...).

I'll agree with most people that Cybertron was the most watchable out of all 3 and probably the one I watched the most of. Though after spending so much time on jungle and speed planet...and giant starscream taking up another 20 or so episodes I grew bored quickly...

Toy wise though I think Energon was the under rated of the 3...nothing additional was needed to do something simple; I mean I get the gimmicks but sometimes it was just stupid yelling for cyber keys or my personal favourite having cannons and missile but never being able to fire them unless you had a micron... I'm sure somewhere it makes sense...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autovolt 127 View Post
heh...sorry I thought people wouldn't coment on this if g1 wasn't an option.

I wish i didn't now.
It can be eliminated if you want...people who voted for G1 will be able to recast their vote.

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.

Last edited by GMfan; 04-10-2010 at 08:58 AM.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.