Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 11-11-2009, 05:46 PM   #50
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus
Re: Transformers and the TMNT Effect..

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteRabbit View Post
Except for all the kids whose birthday/special event/rare toy store trip didn't occur around the time of the last Bumblebee release that is no longer on shelves.

Peeps need to get this collector's mentality outta their head and realize that not every toy Hasbro produces is meant just to please online gripers.

Bumblebee is Hasbro's bread and butter right now. Get over it.

How do you propose to remove a collector's mentality from a collector's head? That's how collectors think, it's how their mind works, they can't exactly change that. Now can they?

As for my thoughts on the subject, perhaps I am being a little defensive, but telling someone to just get over it, when they are passionate about these sorts of things... Well it is a tad on the foolish side, not to mention in certain respects it feels more like somebody is trying to dictate how others should think and react. I may be a little opinionated on the subject, but I don't think I have tried to force others to share my opinion, I've just been trying to explain it with what little facts I can recall.

Anyway, I don't see how I'm just supposed to ignore it and think of how kids feel. I mean when I was a kid I certainly don't recall demanding every single figure. Of course then again I recall being a completist even back then, so I guess I was interested in trying to get them all, but even I would have felt a little jipped back then if every third or fourth figure was just a repaint of the same figure and mold. That's just the way I think.

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.