Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 03-04-2021, 01:46 AM   #161
imfallenangel
Cybertron
Re: Northmen Collectibles NMC Toys - not impressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ransak The Elder View Post
The problem IMO started with comic-cons. 10 years ago you would go for great deals and now you only go to a Con if you want to pay an inflated price. The mentality of it all changed drastically as people got greedier for money.
The problem that you mention started with the "geek chic" thing where being a "nerd" or such became the hyped fad and where once you'd be looked at as a weirdo to be an adult that collected toys, now it's mainstream to be as such. With many of such people having a LOT of disposable income and nothing better to do until the next fad comes along, companies and sellers have noticed this hard and now it's all about how much anyone can milk it for.

I miss the comic-cons that were about comics and the flea market approach to the toys.

The same thing pushed me out of comics over 20 years ago when comics went from 1-2$ to 5-10$ within a few years. And then when I saw that the comic-cons went from a 2$ to 15$ entrance ticket for many years and then jump to close to a hundred dollars in the last few years, I signed out from them and will probably never go to another one again, especially when you can't go pass two tables without Harry Potter and such "hyped" stuff.

Prices are so out of whack now and Scalpers are cashing in hard.

The most irritating thing is when I see someone trying to sell figures that are old, in bad shape, missing parts, etc. or a fact that they were liquidation items for a year or two ago, and they still feel justified to ask and even argue about very over the top high prices.

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.