View Single Post
Old 05-21-2021, 09:35 PM   #1374
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions
Re: Walmart.ca Transformers Sightings and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by The7thParallel View Post
Titans Return was one of my favourite lines of all time. POTP was more or less a repeat of Combiner Wars and a let down as a result. Wasn't really pushing things forward and the mold re-use was tiring. I did the like the dinobots, but Grimlock wasn't great.

Thanks to POTP, I was going to quit. WFC pulled me back in, Earthrise was nudging me out a little, and Kingdom is now the best of the three so far. I keep saying the prices are going to push me out but I stick around... now, though, with space at home being limited and costs becoming so extreme I think I'm going to have to bow out. I know I'm planning on selling off 1/3 of my collection in the coming weeks.
Agreed on POTP. Combine wars did a great job on the combiners (well, menasor was...). But the endless redecos into Autobots was boring. I think people get hung up on that; but the molds were designed as updated combiner teams FIRST, not core characters. 🤷Cw leader class was great. And I agree, titans return was amazing. Deluxe class was "all bangers." We got fucking sky shadow and overlord??!!!!

POTP being just "more" was weird. Abominus was lights-out, the dinobots were fine, and the rest was mediocre. Well, to be fair, I loved the mini-pretenders, but that price point was and is lame outside of a few.

What I'm laughably annoyed about is the assertion thst WFC somehow doesn't have the same qc issues that have been prominent in generations since... Well, forever. There is absolutely a different aesthetic in WFC from PW; which had a different aesthetic from thrilling 30, which was different from universe, which was different from classics v1. Some folks just want "g1, with knees and elbows." That's fair! Just not as cut and dry as they assert.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.