Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 11-07-2013, 08:29 PM   #24
Dvarik
Generation 1
Re: Beast Hunters: Worst Line Ever?

Worst line ever? Probably not. But it has issues.

The choices Hasbro has made with decos are just... questionable. The colours chosen for the beasts are generally well thought out (though Laserback is borderline). But for the deluxe bots?

Bumblebee & Wheeljack: Nearly the same scheme as the non BH models, with spikes grafted on. Not exactly motivation for a purchase.

Bulkhead: The Roadbuster homage is a great idea, but the black swirls, different colored windows, different greens, different oranges... there's simply no consistency.

Dreadwing: Tiny, he has chicken feet, and swirls again.

Starscream: Little to no swirls in the plastic, but the colour combination is... questionable. Also, He Has A Wang (cockpit, teehee). That's just not right.

Arcee: Hit with the ugly stick. Had they ditched _or_ focused on the dark blue it may have been better. But as is? Yikes.

Knockout: Generally good, but I wish they had gone full out with the crocodile color instead of keeping him mostly red.

Ratchet: Generally successful in the Dinobot homage, though the inconsistent reds all over do bring it down a touch.

The voyagers in all cases fair much better: no swirls, fewer but better placed colours, etc. Even Sharkticon Megatron works in all his garish glory.

Takara fairs a bit better in their consistency of colour choices on characters. But the fact that many of them have the same deco as their non-BH counterparts means that there's little reason to pick them up unless you are _really_ into spikes.

I'm pretty easy to please as I've picked up all the beasts (Hasbro & Takara), Shockwave, and the Takara versions of Soundwave and Ratchet. But for anyone fussier? This line has disappointment written all over it.

At least we've got Generations and Third Party, right?
Dvarik is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.