Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 09-09-2021, 06:30 PM   #15
Echotransformer
Loves all things G1-ish..
Re: A rant about bots

I'm hoping that 'bot deterrent' or 'bot proof' buying technologies will be a competitive advantage for companies...a customer need to that will drive increased sales. I would shop more and even pay more for an item selling on a website/company with such technology. In the meantime, I value those companies that put proper limits on orders, to at least reduce the scalping, and try to buy there first.

The other problem here is (IMHO) how antiquated the pre-order concept is for measuring demand...there has to be a better way to ensure there's enough products for the number of buyers out there and therefore limiting the disruption these 'middlemen' scalpers put on the actual numbers. Clearly we've seen examples where WAY too few of Item A is producted, while Item B sits on the virtual shelves gathering dust.

And sure, there will always be limited runs...but why is it that you have to sit next to a computer or phone all the time to capitalize? Again, there has got to be a way to at least improve this, so people can, you know...live their normal lives? At some point, we're talking about really loyal people...people that may even buy stuff sight unseen because of the trust that's built up in the product and/or company. For example, I'd love to 'subscribe' to a product line...and say 'yep, I'm buying all of these, I don't have time to order each one, and I'll save you the time as well...just send them to my front door, here's my money, no questions asked'.

To me, these are some of the most important items in the near-future of e-commerce.
Echotransformer is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.