Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 09-09-2021, 07:53 AM   #14
joshimus
Metroplex
Re: A rant about bots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmatter View Post
I'm waiting for my turn for a 3000 series Nvidia GPU from EVGA.

I don't know why these companies aren't being pressured by the manufacturers to put better safety nets in to prevent this sort of thing. Anyone who buys a product within a few seconds of it going live should get flagged for a further look, even by a computer. Has that person, credit card, address, or whatever had a past history of buying this fast? Are they buying a lot? BAN THEM!
I find it hard to believe there isn't a better way to track bots, multiple purchases by the same person etc. For starters, especially video cards, there is no reason to be able to add more than 1 to your cart. Anything shipping to the same address under multiple names and emails should be questionable. Even if the email addresses are similar I would say check them out as bots.
What they should do is a waitlist. You get notified and you have 24hrs to decide, but it's allocated to you until then. So no one else can take it unless you miss the 24hr window or decide you want to cancel. This could potentially help avoid bots from getting them first, but unfortunately it's all about money, and they don't really care so long as they sell out.

It's the same reason I don't collect Marvel Legends figures. If a store gets 2 cases and a scalper gets both of the single one from both boxes, you can't build your BAF. It is literally why I won't support the line anymore and haven't for years. I mean, especially since Covid 2020, I work over 50hr weeks. I don't have f***ing time to go out and search for shit anymore. Hell, most places I go to open when I have already been at work for hours and close just as I am finished work.

So yeah, I think what they are doing online is bunk. Taking away opportunities for people that ACTUALLY the product and basically just handing them to people who want to sell them for a big profit. I doubt it will ever get better though because to the companies that make the product, it's sold...so who cares about integrity
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.