Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 08-28-2013, 10:56 AM   #1
1031Prime
Generation 1
Does Masterpiece supply meet demand?

Soundwave's release triggered me to join back the local hunting mania.

New release hunting has never been easy, but this seems to be the craziest I have seen yet in my 12 year (though semi-retired) collecting career :
  • Pre-order got pulled off from toysrus.ca
  • Fellow board members visiting TRUS daily but still missing the boat

My 1st child arrived 2 weeks ago and I gave up on the hunt, asking my sister in Asia to get one there. Lucky for me, easy shopping for her as I suppose locals all got the TakaraTomy version already.

I'm making this post cause I'm very curious whether it has been this crazy the past 2-3 years (I obtained both MP Rodimus & Prime v2 from Asia as well).

Sure, I guess some MP figures were shelf warmers, and that there will be 2nd/3rd wave of shipments, but I am now doubting whether Hasbro/TRUS learned how to properly project Masterpiece demand.

My sincere wish to all TF-lovers (less the scalpers) to nail the toys of your desire.

P.S. Am very grateful that I secured one myself, but find it ridiculous that I need to get a non-Japanese-exclusive from across the globe. Will need to figure out how to ship SW here cheaply/securely, or wait half a year for my sister to come visit my newborn child.
1031Prime is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.