Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 07-25-2021, 03:14 AM   #3945
The Nemesis
Alternator
Re: Amazon.ca Transformers Sightings and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socko76 View Post
They used to do this years ago and would do it without you even asking but the bigger the got, the less they need to worry about good customer service. You just need to buy again and return.

They still do it on some things like movies and video games, but not on products like toys and collectibles.

I pre-ordered a funko pop from them and it dropped from like $30 on order to $18 before release (which I was counting on because I didn't want to spend $30 to begin with, I just didn't want to wait and find out it was short-stocked). So after I never saw a price adjustment I contacted customer service and had a guy tell me that I would get the lower price billed to me when it shipped.

Well it shipped and I was still charged $30. So I contacted customer service again and this person told me that the pre-order price guarantee doesn't apply to toys and the like and the 1st CS rep shouldn't have promised me the adjustment.

They ended up giving me the $12 back when I told them that I would just end up returning the item and purchasing a new one (and because of the incorrect promise) but it's not their normal policy.

Also beware about returns. Sometimes they won't give you free return shipping (by way of not refunding all of your money when the return is processed.) I think they always do full refunds if you claim the return is for damaged merchandise/packaging, but that could also backfire if they audit the return and determine that it's not actually dinged up at all (unless you damage the box yourself).

I ordered a book for someone for Christmas only to find out that the person had what I ordered already and when I sent it back my refund was like $6-10 light apparently because it wasn't the right reason to get free return shipping.

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.