Midichlorian Count Zero
Re: PIC REQUEST: Alts and MP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
...alt or robot mode?
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomGundam View Post
They both have excellent alt modes.

You still haven't answered the main question posed to you. It's less of "Which is better, MPs or Alts?" and more of "How G1 does a figure need to be for your collection?"

If you absolutely need everything to be as G1 as possible, then you shouldn't be looking at Alternators/Binaltechs anyways, and MPs are the way to go.

If you don't mind a larger figure as well as a general "re-imagining" of your G1 cars, only THEN should you consider getting Alternators/Binaltechs.
The question could also be rephrased as "Do you prefer cartoon accurate or real world accurate?"

Binaltech (and the die cast-less domestic equivalent Alternators) focused on realistic vehicles modes. Robot modes were reimagined around the framework of the comtemporary vehicle. Most of them were (and still are) marvels of engineering. But they quickly lost popularity when CHUGs emerged with smaller yet modern versions of our beloved G1 characters that were slightly closer to how they looked on TV.

Masterpiece presents a balance between screen accurate robot, screen accurate vehicle mode and modern toy engineering. Sure, you may not be able to crack walnuts with any MPs (I swear my Binaltech Shockblast was sturdy enough to), but heft has been sacrificed for looking like they just jumped out of the TV screen and dreams of your childhood.

So, OP...ask yourself "What do I want? Real word or 'toon accurate?" Neither answer is right or wrong, but both are expensive.

jjwankenobi is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.