Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Thread: Buy for kids?
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2015, 06:43 AM   #23
DuG
Titanium
Re: Buy for kids?

I often buy transformers for my nephew. He likes older figures that are harder to find because he wants the figure that are shown on the in product advertising flyers or on the boxes or card backs. Thanks for the great marketing strategy Hasbro.
It sometimes makes finding the figures he wants hard to find as they are often no longer available at mass retal. With all that said I don't believe I have ever used him as an excuse to give a low ball offer on an item as I know those items are hard to find and I just want him to be happy and excited. To me that is worth any cost.

That being said I would never buy my nephew botcon, TFCC, MP, or 3P figures until he's older and can appreciate the figures more than just play things that he'll break or lose the parts for.

On the opposite side, I've agreed to purchase items at a lower price than advertised only to find out that the person was selling them for their son so that he could have enough money to buy some more toys. Once I found that out I paid the full listed price as I know how hard it is as a child to save money to buy your own toys.
DuG is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.