View Single Post
Old 04-21-2021, 07:49 AM   #84
NightshadeX
Robot Master
NightshadeX's Ebay Auctions
Re: Haslab Unicron and Canadians

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshimus View Post
I don't think he is hard to transform, but he is floppy with the shells. I mean, Studio Cell Unicron is much harder to transform to planet mode (robot mode not so much) but Studio Cell also doesn't really on kibble panels as much. Regardless, I love both. I am glad i have both, but I do worry about certain parts that can damage with Haslab over time. I figures once I am done with him being in bot mode I will convert to Planet and he will be a display piece like that for....ever maybe. I dunno
He's definitely not Cell level of difficult. And he's not super complex per se.I just found things unclear. For example, getting the legs out, the first step makes it seem like you just pull them apart. But no, the stand is actually attached to them, so you need to pull them apart and then up to get them off the black nubs they are attached to on the stand.

And the backpack planet shells. I was having a heck of a time getting them to line up just right so they would align with the clips and such on his back. And I didn't want to exert excessive force to do it.

And even the first step - just a picture of vaguely pulling the left and side shells away from the middle.
It's not that easy! There's a bunch of tabs designed in various directions. I would've preferred clear close-ups of what I am tabbing and untabbing so I know what direction to pull or push.

Maybe multiple transformations I will get it figured out and it will be smoother. But first, I have to find a place to store him. He doesn't fit in any of my current shelving units in robot mode, unless I can figure out how to easily remove the shell pieces. I realize there are pics online of them removed, but I'm not sure how easy it is. If it involves a screwdriver, forget it...

I think it's definitely a nicer display piece in planet mode, if you appreciate the movie anyway.
NightshadeX is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.