Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 08-27-2021, 01:40 AM   #5
Mumps
Canadian Slag
Re: Are Early Leaks of Figures Hurting Hasbro?

I hate the leaks. Think about this from the toy designers POV. Would you want your work revealed by a bunch of low quality leaked pictures, or would you like the excitement and quality of an official reveal?

The leaks don't do anybody any favours. I don't think it hurts Hasbro, from a financial standpoint, but I think leaks just make the hobby less fun.. I love the pageantry of an official reveal. That's why I'm so excited for tomorrow! We haven't seen any leaks of what that will look like yet, and that's exciting! I have my alarm set. Even if I was working, I could catch up on it, watch it later or look at the official photos on my break or after work. All of these are much better than a leak. And let's be honest, I'd have loved to have found out what character it was tomorrow, instead of the leaks... But alas..

Another thing with leaks... Let's say a leaker reveals a toy to us, and let's say Hasbro is set to reveal that toy in 2 months. Well, it's gonna be a while before that toy is revealed, so why is it fun to wait an extra 2 months for this toy? I don't get it. Just let Hasbro do their thing.

Last edited by Mumps; 08-27-2021 at 01:42 AM.
Mumps is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.