Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 10-28-2015, 02:53 PM   #37
positivelyken
One Man Gestalt
Re: Will their be anymore MP Starscreams, made available?

My toy buying habits today were forged through countless trials and errors and regrets. If I could get in my DeLorean and punch it down Lagimodiere at 88 mph and appear in front of my younger self in a blast of blazing rubber, I'd tell myself this:

"1) Yes, I'm you from the future. Yes, you did lose all that hair.

2) Get your preorder game on point. Toys R Us has that service for a reason. They fuck it up now and then, but on the whole you're going to come out ahead. You're way better off to monitor the website and get your preorder in early, if possible, than engage in fruitless hunting later -- especially if the figure is going to be in high demand, and double-especially because you live in Winnipeg, where they don't get reliable distribution of product.

3) Screw your indecision, kid. You know how you take stuff off the rack, look at it, put it back, then maybe come back for it later? Knock it off. If you stumble upon something on a shelf that you want, fucking BUY IT. Buy it when it's in your hands because that might be the last time you ever see one at retail.

...What? Nah, you'll get over it. You can't hide under a baseball cap forever. Trust me, everybody already knows you're going bald. You just gotta own it. Anyway...

4) Your family's cheap and you grew up to be cheap too. I know 'cuz I'm you from the future and your cheap ass deprived me of a lot of awesome things. Travel opportunities, electronics, nice furniture. And TOYS. You think that deluxe/voyager/leader/MP class figure is expensive now? Just you wait until future you -- aka me -- has to shell out even more for it at a comic-con, at the collectibles shop, off the Internet, etc. Yeah, you were hoping for a sale, but in the meantime, the store is all sold out. Some asshole bought them all and is scalping them now or something. What I'm getting at is, go back to point 3) and read it again. BUY IT. Even at full price today you'll probably do better than if future you -- that's me, dumbass -- has to resort to the secondary market. Plus you can always price adjust when the next sale hits, which is practically all the time.

5) Look into Japanese imports. Srsly bro. Especially those preorders like I talked about. Get on this train early because it's only going to ramp up.

...No, forget the hair formula. Doesn't work. Plus it's wasted money you could be spending on toys.

6) If you want to build a collection, figure out what your focus is and--

...YES, everybody knows. You're only fooling yourself. Sigh. I can't. Just try and remember what I said, okay?"

And then I'd screech off, back to the future, and into some insane alternate timeline where Donald Trump is running for President of the United States.
positivelyken is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.