Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 06-02-2021, 06:51 AM   #3739
steamwhistle
Crossover
Re: Amazon.ca Transformers Sightings and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanX3 View Post
I'm hoping to get these in minty condition, so to avoid the envelope delivery parade or sticker brigade, might just keep the Amazon.com order and take the extra hit. I would have had to pay as Gift to protect them and pay a bit more in any case.

To make sure, Anyone get their Amazon.com orders in poor packaging, or just from Amazon Canada?
It might depend on the seller. I have found that if Amazon (.ca or .com) is the seller, you'll get a box... BUT it depends on the item. I get the impression that orders, when Amazon is the seller, are entered into the system, and some sort of algorithm determines which box to use based on the item(s) in the order. Ever notice those alphanumeric codes (eg. 1A, 1A7, 1B5, etc.) on the flap of the boxes? That code is probably provided to someone to obtain the appropriate-sized box for the order.

Of course, that doesn't mean an employee necessarily follows instruction. Supply or laziness might result in a change in box size or change to envelope or a change to slapping a sticker directly on the product box.

I figure the 'algorithm' concept is why certain items (like boxes of diapers) are noted in the sales listing as "ships in original packaging".

That being said, if the seller is a 3rd party, I think is is random as to what you get --

I recently acquired Sparkless Bot and Deseeus Army Drone via Amazon.com, but from tertiary (non-Amazon) sellers. They were sent in bubble envelopes.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Feedback thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=steamwhistle
steamwhistle is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.