Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 08-14-2015, 12:25 PM   #9
Megatron75
Alternator
Re: Transformers Collection Megatron ( G1 reissue)

Quote:
Originally Posted by timcrook View Post
Supposedly you can't sell without the orange plug in USA but you say the authorities in USA made him sell it to an American citizen? That story doesn't make sense.
Funny I just stumbled upon one of the YouTube video responses regarding this matter and thought I'd share it. A YouTuber that goes by the name "BikerTrashWolf" uploaded a response video on December 10, 2007 (Re:"Canada customs has won" part 2) that beiefly outlines the issue. Unfortunately, I can't find the original video that he was responding to.

A Canadian collector attempted to import MP Megs from the USA. Apparently BBTS included a disclaimer that indicated that it could be mistaken for a real gun. Canada Customs would not allow it to come into Canada, so the buyer either had to have it destroyed or pay to have it shipped back to the USA. BBTS wouldn't take it back because Canada Customs had ripped the box, so he was debating having it shipped to someone in the states if they submitted a compelling enough YouTube response video indicating why they should have it.

I'm assuming that the MP Megs didn't have an aftermarket orange blaze attached to it and that that's why it was an issue. I have no idea how this matter was finally resolved but I sure am curious.

Last edited by Megatron75; 08-14-2015 at 12:36 PM.
Megatron75 is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.