Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 05-04-2015, 12:34 PM   #5
Megatron75
Alternator
Re: Transformers Collection Megatron ( G1 reissue)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruticus View Post
It's actually not Canada Customs that have the issue with toy guns, but US Customs... perfectly legal to have a toy in Canada without the orange cap. Seeing the destination is Canada, US Customs does not touch it...the package won't be x-rayed until it gets to Canada Customs and while they could open the parcel (if it's sealed, they never usually open the inner package), but by that time, as long as they mention it's a toy on the declaration, you should be fine.
I have passed on many a good G1 Megatron for exactly the reason that this member raised. I'm not doubting you Dan but am just curious how you know that US Customs doesn't scan the packages even for security reasons (weapons, drugs and other prohibited/controlled items/substances). I personally still wouldn't risk it but am still very curious where you heard that they don't scan. I could have sworn that there was a Canadian guy several years ago who had to either redirect (and sell) his MP Megs to a US customer for this reason or pay to have US customs destroy it, despite MP Megs being packaged in robot mode and being oversized.

Last edited by Megatron75; 05-04-2015 at 01:54 PM.
Megatron75 is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.