Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 07-15-2021, 07:00 AM   #2137
Philtastic
Beasty
Re: ToysRUs.ca Transformers Sightings and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumps View Post
Sounds to me like their system is broken, and the cancellations are automatic. They will still honor the preorders when stock comes in in August. Keep in mind, no retailer anywhere has gotten Rodimus, the Ark, or G2 Ramjet yet. I don't know how we can be so upset at something that is, at this point, beyond our control, and beyond TRU's control.

Ok, their online ordering system is broken and they need to fix that, but they appear to put measures in place to keep the order for when they get stock, and gave us the option to cancel that if we find it elsewhere. Reading the email, instead of seeing the word "cancelled" and immediately seething in nerd rage just didn't seem like the best option for me.
This. There seems to be some "bug," for lack of a better word, that is automatically cancelling orders for items that are shipping late. I have a feeling it has to do with them now accepting pre-orders, which they didn't do before (iirc). So the system is apparently cancelling orders that haven't shipped by the listed release date.

The reason they can't "un-cancel" an order is because once an order is cancelled, it's gone, and there's no undo. And they can't just create a new order, and charge your card, without you making a new order. But you can't make a new order if the item is sold out, or no longer on the site. (This happened with the Star Wars Clone Wars figures.)

So the only option for them is to hold the cancelled orders in reserve, and ship them to the nearest store, so you can pay there in person.

This is what I've been told by in-store and online staff, re: ordering. The "bug" stuff is my hypothesis based on the available evidence.

But yeah, they really need to fix the site, cuz this is just dumb.
Philtastic is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.