Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 09-10-2021, 01:28 AM   #16
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag
Re: A rant about bots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echotransformer View Post
And sure, there will always be limited runs...but why is it that you have to sit next to a computer or phone all the time to capitalize? Again, there has got to be a way to at least improve this, so people can, you know...live their normal lives? At some point, we're talking about really loyal people...people that may even buy stuff sight unseen because of the trust that's built up in the product and/or company. For example, I'd love to 'subscribe' to a product line...and say 'yep, I'm buying all of these, I don't have time to order each one, and I'll save you the time as well...just send them to my front door, here's my money, no questions asked'.

To me, these are some of the most important items in the near-future of e-commerce.
Call me cynical, but somewhere someone must think that it's better to under produce and make something "rare", so it creates a higher-than-available demand and hype. This way they don't ever have left over stock, an can tell their bosses they sold out of all their product.

IMHO, companies run on short term thinking now, because people don't tend to stay long term. My feeling is they milk whatever they can out of an IP while they work there, and then, leave for greener pastures before things take a down turn. Let the next person clean up that mess.

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.