Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 06-27-2014, 07:48 AM   #13
Pascal
Banned
Re: !!!SPOILERS - TF4 AOE Movie Discussion - SPOILERS!!!

My score...

-pre-Optimus scan: 9.5/10
-post-Optimus scan: 5.5/10

At the beginning of the movie, you FEEL for poor Ratchet, you FEEL for poor Optimus, you're SCARED of Lockdown, and you CARE for the human characters. But all that goes away after Prime scans his new truck mode.

Autobots don't behave like Autobots should, no respect for life, Bee is now some kind of teenager douchebag and not very important, Hound becomes an annoying parody over time, Drift switches between 2 alt modes for no reason even though he's not a true triple changer, other than Lockdown, Decepticons are just souless drones, Galvatron is pretty useless, Dinobots are poorly explained (if at all) and don't even talk (althought the action with them, especially Strafe, is pretty cool), after being so awesome, Lockdown suddenly steps back for no reason, the way Decepticons transform is just insulting, Bee scans his new alt mode for no obvious reason, Tessa becomes useless, Optimus suddenly flies without any jetpack, Autobots first got back into action out of nowhere, etc. That said, I'm not sure the casual viewer will care about all that stuff.

Personally, I thought the action was cool though, and I liked how Drift used Liam Neeson's official French voice in the French dub (the one I saw). I would have liked it better if it would have taken longer for Optimus to find his Autobot companions (one by one?), and the discovery of the Dinobots should have been more epic.

Oh, and Jablonsky's score was probably the weakest of the franchise. Nothing memorable there.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.