Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 03-29-2021, 08:50 AM   #3360
AgeofTransformers
Generation 1
Re: Amazon.ca Transformers Sightings and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
really? Excluding the weird walmart snafu where they were charging $10 LESS for wave 1 voyagers, I thought I'd pretty consistently seen them at $39.99. TRU has Kingdom Optimus Primal available at that price, and Amazon pre-orders on Wave 2 including Dinobot and Inferno are both right around there too.

I was actually under the impression that the price bumps might be specific to the specialty imprints like Studio Series 86 or the Retro Reissue Headmasters. For those Amazon was selling Deluxe 86 bots and Walmart the Headmasters all at $32.99, so a Voyager bump to $44.99 doesn't seem too out of line with what I'd expect.

Of course I also did buy SS86 Grimlock at the standard Leader price of $69.99. And TRU is now doing pre-orders on both of the first two waves of Kingdom Deluxes at $32.99, which is also what they sold Runabout at prior to the sale last week (and yet Thrust was the "regular" Voyager price of $39) so..... *shrug*

It's all kinda weirdly random and wild-westy. Though it wouldn't surprise me if they just decided to bump the price up now and blame the pandemic for materials issues, production cost spikes, and shipping wonkiness after having already done the larger price jump in the last couple years that saw Deluxes go from $20 to $30.
Yeah new voyager pricing is starting up soon...$44.99 for the voyagers....heck Generation Selects voyagers are going up to $49.99 at Toys R Us now...check out their listing for G2 Ramjet...

Last edited by AgeofTransformers; 03-29-2021 at 12:02 PM.
AgeofTransformers is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.