Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 05-02-2017, 12:52 AM   #8
Sir Prime A Lot
Energon
Re: Incredible Japanese, prototype and Lucky Draw collection

Maybe I'll explain the art for those that aren't aware, some people seemed confused. When any toy company wants a graphic design done for a comic book cover or toy box or video game box, they commission an artist to do a large scale drawing or painting of the image. They then scan the image, add some backgrounds to it digitally and then print it onto thousands of retail packaging which go out to consumers. That original art piece sits around unused forever, or until a collector purchases it and it makes its way into the collector world.

There is huge money in this, the original art for many iconic comic books, depending on the artist sells for close to $1,000,000 for just the single artist sketch which was used to create that cover. On a much lower scale, there is also demand for the art used on video game boxes and also Transformers toy boxes which you see here.

These are the original drawings that the original artist made and these were scanned into a computer and used for the box art for the toys. Some as recent as the Generations Arcee you see there, many of them have the retail packaging placed in front of the artwork.

Had I seen the collection earlier, I would have brought my Wheeljack and Horribull boxes by to place in front of their respective canvases.
Sir Prime A Lot is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.