Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 06-03-2021, 04:00 PM   #216
Marcotron
Robot Master
Re: The Transformers VENTING Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodimusRocks View Post
I got a Titans Returns figure and I absolutely hate it. Compared to WFC Combiner Wars and Titans Return do not match up at all.

PoTP's monster bots are okay though, I really like the seacons.
I'm curious which Titan's Return figure you got.
There are some that are very good. Blaster for example was great. So is SixShot. I also got Overlord, which doesn't even need to have the head removed to transform it, so there's that. Powermaster Optimus Prime also is a cool figure, and the headmaster doesn't need to be removed to transform it as well.
I also got Kup and Blurr and Scourge, which are all fine. I'm pondering replacing these three with their SS86 versions, but costs may prohibit that (as well as the pandemic)

I didn't get any of the headmaster characters because I wasn't really into those characters, and now, seeing them re-released as more expensive iterations due to different old school packaging, I'm not going to be getting any of them now either.

In general, I believe quality across the three year line, Combiner wars, Power of the Primes, and Titan's Return was about the same. Comparing these figures to the current WFC lines, Siege, Earthrise and Kingdom, is not a great comparison. The scale have been changed, and the gimmicks and features are different. The focus on ankle tilts can lead to lots of breakage. It's more of an evolution of design, but not one that I feel the need to spend 50% more on.
Marcotron is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.