Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 01-27-2017, 09:58 PM   #30
Chigimus
Masterpiece
Re: Leading bidder on eBay

Quote:
Originally Posted by B13 View Post
You refused to pay fo the item your purchased from me on ebay last year and I got stuck not being able to sell my item again for a week. Are you really whining because you can't have/afford what you want?
LOL, dun dun dun.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoffman View Post
Yeah, manual sniping isn't at all immoral. It's just how you bid. I personally don't understand bidding before the end of an auction, unless you have an absolute fixed maximum amount you are willing to pay. Then it makes sense to just enter your absolute max and just wait and see.
Bid sniping is a matter of one's own psyche. For example, if you bid your absolute max early on with ample time remaining, you put yourself at risk of someone else exceeding your "preferred" limit. If that limit does get exceeded and you're left with time on the clock, you'll be more tempted to make rash decisions to go beyond your preferred limit. So by trying to bid snipe near the final seconds of the auction when less time is remaining, there's a lower chance of exceeding that threshold if your bid limit hasn't been reached by other competing bids yet. If you run out of time, you accept the loss because it is what it is whereas if the price reached a point that broke your limit and you got plenty of time left to try and get the lead back, you put more stress on yourself trying to justify how much more over-budget can you really push yourself? Really, it's cheaper in the long run to bid snipe, and a lot less heartache.
Chigimus is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.