Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 09-02-2021, 03:24 AM   #2
The Nemesis
Alternator
Re: Golden Disk Cards

I got a wave 3 Dinobot card in my Wingfinger. But that's the only wave 3 figure I have so far. I was hoping that the Ark and Rodimus would come with later cards, but I got wave 1 cards with both of them (Ark with Ark, Optimus with Rodimus).

The setup they explained doesn't entirely make sense anyway. Apparently there's supposed to be 5 card subjects, each of which having 3 different destinies. That would total 15 card variants. But according to press materials there are supposed to be 16 different cards. That would also match up with the fact that so far each of the first 3 waves has featured 4 specific card variants

Wave 1: Ark 1, Blackarachnia 1, Optimus 1, Dinobot 1

Wave 2: Ark 2, Optimus 2, Dinobot 2, Megatron 1

Wave 3: Ark 3, Blackarachnia 2, Dinobot 3, Megatron 2

Wave 4 (presumably): Optimus 3, Megatron 3, Blackarachnia 3, ???

This whole concept of the destiny cards has kind of been frustrating. I never got a Dinobot card from wave 1 (but somehow got like 4 Arks) and for wave 3 I've still got 4 purchases incoming but need to come away with 3 of the 4 cards in the set to complete that wave.

They really should've just stuck with the classic idea of making character-specific cards packed in with the corresponding figure and functioning as a sort of tech spec. This "gotta collect 'em all!" aspect is kind of silly because it means that you either have to luck out across all the figures in a wave that you buy (especially if you skip figures in a wave. Like I'm not buying the re-dos of Earthrise releases) or have to find someone to trade with.

At least it's not nearly as ridiculous as the Power of the Primes setup.

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.