Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 05-01-2021, 11:20 AM   #348
Jive Turkey
Generation 1
Re: Northmen Collectibles NMC Toys - not impressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodimusRocks View Post
I assume my story could be similar to many. When I began collecting in Ontario, I was looking for places that did pre-orders. I was very new at this and was simply looking for places in Toronto and Ontario in general. Also at the time Amazon and others didn't have anything listed so I didn't go that route. I eventually found NMC before I discovered the likes of Ages3andup and ToySnowman. Wanting to support local business I opted to pre-order with him and then boom here we are.
Same here. I had mostly been ordering from the US. A friend told me about Northmen and I thought it was great to have a local dealer to make preorders from. The duty charges on orders from the states always seem unpredictable, so it seemed like a great option. Was also nice to support locally.
That lasted for exactly 2 orders, then fell apart when there was a massive delay on the 3rd - a delay that wasn't affecting anywhere else.
Then the emails started and I couldn't believe what I was reading. I showed my girlfriend because I was so flabbergasted and she couldn't believe it either. I thought it seemed really weird, so started googling to see if people were having similar experiences and the similarities were uncanny. He seriously must have psychological issues
Jive Turkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.