View Single Post
Old 05-01-2021, 08:14 AM   #342
style
Energon
style's Ebay Auctions
Re: Northmen Collectibles NMC Toys - not impressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
I wouldn't be so sure. I can't be certain but I think he's within his right to charge a cancellation fee for pre-orders as long as he is up front about it before you make the transaction (which, for all the other problems in his communication and the lack of straightforward information on his storefront, he is indeed up front about there being a 5% cancellation fee if you walk away from a pre-order). Personally I would think that the fair option would be to allow people out of pre-order agreements with no charge up to the point that the goods start coming in and orders are prepped to be fulfilled, but it's sometimes a wide gap between what's fair and what's legally obligated.

Also the people who are getting full refunds via charge disputes with paypal/their credit cards are doing it for failure of delivery (making the seller the one who is breaking the contract). It may very well be different if you're cancelling a pre-order that has yet to even reach the point of potential sale (where you as the buyer are the one breaking the contract.)

I'm not saying he deserves the money, but that it might not be as easy as assuming he can't charge cancellation fees and that anyone must be entitled to getting all of their money back for walking out on an order for any reason.
For sure.

Last edited by style; 05-18-2021 at 02:45 AM.
style is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.