Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 01-07-2019, 08:17 PM   #7
Darkroar
Generation 2
Darkroar's Ebay Auctions
Re: Top Ten for 2018

I bought a lot less figures this year than usual, but enjoyed most of what I got (and still spent plenty of money). Here are my stand outs -

Perfect Effect Mega Dragon - He looks so awesome; I just don't like the feet on him; I wish they had gotten rid of the wheeled mode so his feet were better to stand.

Throne of the Primes - Optimal Optimus is a good mold to start with, but the colours in the Throne of the Primes Optimal Optimus is just a touch better. I think if I were still a kid I would really love this mold for playability. You can do so much with the monkey being separate from the surfboard/robot mode. It's too bad the throne is just cardboard and plastic.

MP Dinobot - He's got a great transformation, looks great in both modes. I wouldn't have minded a lower price and if he was a bit smaller. I know they kept him to scale, but honestly he's almost too big standing next to MP Primal and Cheetor.

MPM5 Barricade - Cool character, cool car. I was disappointed that TLK Barricade toy seems to be a generic, unlicensed car. Although the Human Alliance version is good as well, I love the heft that the dicast metal gives to this version.

POTP Abominus - I had 3/5 G1 Terrorcons as a kid and one of the first things I did when I started collecting as an adult was complete my G1 Abominus. The update is really well done and the bots are all nicely sized.

POTP Predaking - I think for the budget they had they did a really good update on him. I don't like him as much as last year's Trypticon, but he's still pretty great. The individual robots are cool, unfortunately the animal modes aren't as good. The combined mode is pretty cool. I thought his waist looked too thin in pictures, but in person it's fine.

POTP Optimus Prime - I am really tired of Optimus Primes, but I had to get this one. I think he's got a cool transformation and he's got the matrix and upgrade gimmick going for him. I also got Nemesis Prime, but I think (currently) I like Optimus' colours a bit more.
Darkroar is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.