Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 03-02-2010, 11:49 AM   #20
Robimus
Iacon North Scout
Re: Transformers 3 to bring Core Mythology to the fore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMfan101 View Post
Thats why I think the movies are kinda cool in a way that they do pull from a lot of mythos in the huge transformers multiverse.
Pulling from here and there is fine. Not even having a G1 focus would be fine if thats the story they want to tell.

That said taking a primary character the likes of Megatron and jobbing him out to The Fallen, well thats not a good use of the mentioned Mythos.

Essentially they took the villian and sissyfied him to promote a virtually unknown character over Megatron.

They made Megatron completely subservient to The Fallen, I mean he wasn't even trying to use the guy or anything.

So in mentioning pulling from the entire Mythos, yeah I like that they did that in many ways. But when a character the likes of Megatron exists in virtually the exact same fashion throughout the Mythos and they toss that in the trash can in favor of whatever, thats a suspect decision at best.

It's like taking Waspinator and making him the leader of the Decepticons just becuase they read his bio and thought he was cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMFan
Now now I wouldn't say scrap it, it was the origins of the franchise and has it's merits but I really don't think that it is the end all and be all of Transformers because there is better out there. 26 years of fiction in fact.
No, feel free to hate on the G1 cartoon. I'm not trying to make you backtrack.

I do think your selling it a little short though by calling it "almost unwatchable". It was different from later series in that it doesn't form a conhesive whole the way Beast Wars or Animated(sort of) did, but there are still a lot of decent smaller story arcs which told fun stories.

It certainly had strengths and weaknesses, just like any series does. But it also formed an incredible foundation to build a franchise upon.

Something like Prime's "Autobots, transform and roll out" is far from bad dialog. It's iconic.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.