Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 03-02-2010, 02:52 AM   #19
GMfan
Robot in Disguise
Re: Transformers 3 to bring Core Mythology to the fore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty Galvatron View Post
What is the core mythology anyways? What mythology would the movie have to address for it to be "proper" or whatever the heck you want to call it?
Funny you mention that, other then the characters in name (not 100% in design, or behaviour) but the movie just took aspects from EVERYWHERE, the concept of sparks came in Beast Wars, the Allspark from Beast Machines, the Fallen from War Within, protoforms and how they enter the atmosphere was also beast wars-esque, Optimus combining with Jetfire was in Armada (wing saber in Energon and Cybertron but a flyer, the first combining Optimus from RID), Jolt was a G2 laser rod figure originally, etc etc

Thats why I think the movies are kinda cool in a way that they do pull from a lot of mythos in the huge transformers multiverse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post
Yeah, lets just scrap it all then. Transformers suckz.
Now now I wouldn't say scrap it, it was the origins of the franchise and has it's merits but I really don't think that it is the end all and be all of Transformers because there is better out there. 26 years of fiction in fact.

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.