Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 01-01-2022, 04:06 PM   #5025
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag
Re: Amazon.ca Transformers Sightings and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaliebot View Post
If I wait for a deal the figure will become impossible to get.

If I pounce fast the figure will be plentiful and go on sale for significantly less than I paid (cough, Ark, cough).
Personally, I get it if I want it, and if it goes on sale later, it goes on sale. If I'm not comfortable with the price, I wait, and if I miss out I miss out. I use to have FOMO about things, but now that I've accumulated so many figures, too many actually, missing out on that umpteenth version of a character doesn't matter as much. Oh no, I missed out on the new definitive version of Bumblebee. I'll just have to settle for last year's definitive version.

Now, I realize, there's always something new coming down the road that'll make me forget I missed out on something. Missed out on CW Skylynx. Hello Commander Skylinx. And now I have one less figure to put on the mountainous pile of for-sale figures I'm making.

Plus if you have patience, it all comes back around. If you really want a figure, you'll be able to find it eventually, and for a price you'll like. Remember back in the day when stuff like the Fansproject City Commander was going for $300-$400. Now, if you even still want it, it can be had for way cheaper.

I've been trying to justify the Ark for months, but the overall look of the bot and the underwhelming bang for buck feel I get from it personally, I'm just going to skip it, and hope for a thrift shop find down the road.

Happy New Year everyone

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.