Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 07-12-2021, 04:39 PM   #29
imfallenangel
Cybertron
Re: 15 cent bruticus on amazon.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
Probably harmless to try, but then again you never know what new scam/program these people have come up with that Amazon, et al, are not expecting.
Considering that most "hacks" aren't "hacks" but phishing, so people clicking on bogus links in emails and such...

I got my card's info stolen last year from most probably (almost certain) something my wife used it for, which was an annoyance in many ways (and she's been bared from doing that sort of thing ever again), it was a case that she wasn't careful and shouldn't have done as such (and didn't check with me).

Short version, it was something that appeared authentic (a site, and not from an email phishing thing) and sadly, it was BS. Funny thing is that my credit card did reach the "company" that tried to deny all this, and it resulted in them being bared in the credit card's database as this wasn't the first "warning" the credit card found in regards to this particular company.

Anyways, all this to say that I agree that there's always something new that the scammers will come up with, but at the very least, it comes down to just making sure that any businesses that isn't a major one, you should really check first before giving in any money. I tend to always check any small business for reviews, and confirmations that they are legitimate, and usually if they are using Paypal or such that offers an extra "safety" cushion.

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.