View Single Post
Old 11-04-2021, 10:54 AM   #2477
canprime
Nexus Maximus
canprime's Ebay Auctions
Re: ToysRUs.ca Transformers Sightings and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeTrain View Post
100% agree. My background is in retail systems and the TRU site irritates me to no end.

Toys R Us runs on Salesforce Commerce (acquired as Demandware) and Canadian Tire runs on SAP Commerce (acquired as Hybris).

Canadian Tire inventories their figures as a wave - Example: Siege Chromia, Ironhide, Sixgun and Prowl were all the same SKU because they used the case SKU, not the inner SKU. It's a Canadian Tire data setup/merchandizing thing, not a limitation of the commerce platform.

Yeah I get that CT does the whole wave as a SKU rather than individual figures and it isn't a function of the system they are using, but rather their own practices. Again it is a minor gripe for me, and the work around, as I said, is that I just look at the total number of units for a wave and try to decide if the popular ones are still there.

I just got a MOTU:Origins Buzzsaw Hordak from my local CT. When I checked last week only a couple stores had any stock from that wave. 1 had about 8, another has 6 and most had 0. I checked out the CT with 8 and it was a bust, all old stock. This week I checked again and the closest one to me had 12 in stock, so I took the gamble and it paid off. They had the whole wave in multiples. So I use that as a gauge to minimize time wasted. If they have low stock, most likely it has been picked over so I pass. If they have a lot of stock then chance of getting the hard to find stuff is higher and I'll risk it. Not perfect, but what can I expect from a store that really only stocks toys for Christmas?

Anyway, long story short, TRU get a better system for #@#$ sakes.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.