Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 11-04-2021, 09:35 AM   #2474
BeeTrain
Beasty
Re: ToysRUs.ca Transformers Sightings and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
Honestly the TRU site is terrible. They should just use whomever/whatever program Canadian Tire uses for their site. Of course it is by no means perfect either, but man it leaves most other big box retailers in the dust for usefulness.

The Canadian Tire site will actually show you whether or not the product is in stock in store or online only, or not in stock. Then it also has the amount of stock available by store, and even what aisle/section you can find it in at that store. Also you don't have to go back and forth for other stores, it will just show you the next closest ones if you scroll down a bit. Of course it would be helpful if they could be super specific so that you would know what amount of each toy character is available instead of just a generic SKU for a wave. However I can forgive that since toys are not their specialty, and if I am looking for something specific, or harder to find, I know that if they have little stock the chance of having the item I want is pretty slim.
100% agree. My background is in retail systems and the TRU site irritates me to no end.

Toys R Us runs on Salesforce Commerce (acquired as Demandware) and Canadian Tire runs on SAP Commerce (acquired as Hybris).

Canadian Tire inventories their figures as a wave - Example: Siege Chromia, Ironhide, Sixgun and Prowl were all the same SKU because they used the case SKU, not the inner SKU. It's a Canadian Tire data setup/merchandizing thing, not a limitation of the commerce platform.
BeeTrain is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.