Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   BC Community Thread For Non-Sightings Chat (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=44203)

shabooya 12-04-2012 05:08 PM

Re: BC Community Thread For Non-Sightings Chat

Quote:

Originally Posted by kirbenvost (Post 475179)
Yep, I've noticed that. People I've never heard of all of a sudden start posting sightings, and once in awhile they actually become regular contributors.

But the mods don't like things off-topic and a few members don't want to read idle banter so they complain to the mods (or maybe it was that scalper) so what can we do...

Do any of the mods even live in BC?
It seems like the majority of those of use who actually use the thread would prefer if we could banter some...

Maybe Cybertron and it's mods should put it to a vote and go with the majority.

kirbenvost 12-04-2012 05:27 PM

That would be great, but it's probably against a forum rule to post off-topic. I don't specifically see anything other than this:

http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=3355

Quote:

8. No Public Discussion On Staff Actions
Do not mouth off or publicly question staff decisions. If you have a problem, comment or question, contact a member of the Cybertron.ca Staff or use the contact us link.
So basically, Mods say Sightings Threads must be sightings only, so what they say goes. Even if we were to vote on it, the ones who disagree would complain so I'd rather just avoid confrontation and have a separate thread if we are allowed to do so. And we are, so it's a good enough solution, I guess.

Darth Cylon 12-04-2012 05:44 PM

Ontario: Centre of the Universe (So they think)

West Coast: Centre of care free hippies.

vohkuhl 12-04-2012 05:48 PM

It sucks having to check both threads for the banter and the sightings. Lots of great points that you guys have pointed out that I agree with too.

Just a quick thought, couldn't we still just post sightings here since the people that post in banter and sightings thread are (correct me if I'm wrong) the most active users? It really could go either way, yeah no?

As for a BC Mod, I always thought Blurrz was one?

AeroShake 12-04-2012 05:56 PM

How about making like a "General Transformers BC Thread". Everything Transformers related from sightings to new toys to regular banter? That way all the BC boardies can congregate in one thread for everything?

KoreanInferno 12-04-2012 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vohkuhl (Post 475198)
It sucks having to check both threads for the banter and the sightings. Lots of great points that you guys have pointed out that I agree with too.

Just a quick thought, couldn't we still just post sightings here since the people that post in banter and sightings thread are (correct me if I'm wrong) the most active users? It really could go either way, yeah no?

As for a BC Mod, I always thought Blurrz was one?

Quote:

Originally Posted by AeroShake (Post 475203)
How about making like a "General Transformers BC Thread". Everything Transformers related from sightings to new toys to regular banter? That way all the BC boardies can congregate in one thread for everything?

Loopholes! Find all the loopholes!

KoreanInferno 12-04-2012 06:01 PM

Also would be good to put the sightings in a thread not labelled "sightings" that way the scalpers won't have any idea where all the sightings have gone. lol.

kirbenvost 12-04-2012 06:12 PM

^lol, it would be hilarious until they figure it out.

Is Blurrz a mod here? I never see him post in the thread. Maybe he moved or something.

Yeah, there are lots of solutions I guess. But I bet if we start posting sightings here they'll complain about that too.

Darth Cylon 12-04-2012 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KoreanInferno (Post 475205)
Also would be good to put the sightings in a thread not labelled "sightings" that way the scalpers won't have any idea where all the sightings have gone. lol.

That won't work. Scalpers are lurkers. I am sure have seen this thread already.

AeroShake 12-04-2012 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Cylon (Post 475209)
That's won't work. Scalpers are lurkers. I am sure have seen this thread already.

We should go find what THEY like and go scalp THEIR shit.