Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Canadian Transformers News (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Earthrise Scorponok released in Canada (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=80149)

Dark Rage 07-21-2020 02:04 AM

Earthrise Scorponok released in Canada

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks to Cybertron.ca member AgeofTransformers for letting us know that Earthrise Scorponok has been released in Canada.

The sighting was made at an EBgames in Ontario.

The EBgames SKU is 755071

Share your sightings in the Canadian Transformers Sightings forum.

wervenom 07-21-2020 11:47 AM

Re: Earthrise Scorponok released in Canada

I don't know if that is a sighting. Board member said he ordered them to that store and EB said they haven't actually received stock as of yet, although it was due out on July 3rd

Fretburn 07-21-2020 02:09 PM

I can't seem to find it on EB's site. Though I always seem to have trouble with their site.

wervenom 07-21-2020 02:09 PM

Not available on the site yet or I'm having same problem as you

Dark Rage 07-21-2020 02:34 PM

The SKU is 755071

wervenom 07-21-2020 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Rage (Post 813408)
The SKU is 755071

Yep got that. That's what I used when I called them today

TriBlurr 07-22-2020 11:27 AM

Yeah dropped into my local store. Said it was in the system. But none available to order.

*Shrugs*

Robimus 07-22-2020 11:53 AM

Some stores got them on Manitoba, but it wasn’t even enough to fill the pre orders.

Mumps 07-22-2020 12:03 PM

*waits impatiently for a sale with lingering FOMO anxiety*

theoneyouknowleast 07-22-2020 12:08 PM

What is ebgames charing for old scorpy?

nvm: its 220, but stores near have stock .... FOMO rising!

wervenom 07-22-2020 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theoneyouknowleast (Post 813464)
What is ebgames charing for old scorpy?

nvm: its 220, but stores near have stock .... FOMO rising!

Have stock or have no stock?

Yonoid 07-22-2020 01:45 PM

I'm fine waiting, every titan the past few years that came out always had stock, and dropped to the 135-150 price point multiple times.

I do miss those 2 for 1 coupons though

ssjgoku22 07-22-2020 01:56 PM

One of the associates from my local EB tried calling head office to try and order a Scorponok for me, but head office says that the main warehouse is sold out at the moment. EB really needs to get their item listings straight because when you go into the store to try and place a preorder, the associates have the hardest friggen time trying to find the item in their terrible system. I was trying preorder Scorponok for months now and they've never been able to find it (until this forum recently posted the sku).

Oh well, guess we wait. Maybe Amazon might pull through.

wervenom 07-22-2020 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yonoid (Post 813472)
I'm fine waiting, every titan the past few years that came out always had stock, and dropped to the 135-150 price point multiple times.

I don't recall Omega doing that. I don't mind the wait but would rather go EB this time as a 8 have gift cards lol

Mumps 07-22-2020 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yonoid (Post 813472)

When has Omega dropped to that price? I think $175 might be the cheapest he's been. Maybe $188 even?

Yonoid 07-22-2020 02:33 PM

He's been on sale for at least 25% off, I think one time even more. Plus there were some r club coupons around xmas time last year that you could have stacked on top.

Not sure if new Rclub signups you still get 10% off, those in the past would stack as well.

Mumps 07-22-2020 03:04 PM

Yeah, at 25%, that's $188, which is what I paid. They haven't sent me any R-Club coupons in... Forever.

Yonoid 07-22-2020 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mumps (Post 813481)
Yeah, at 25%, that's $188, which is what I paid. They haven't sent me any R-Club coupons in... Forever.

When TRU website changed last year, a lot of accounts the promo emails got defaulted to no. Log into your profile and check to make sure email notices are turned back on. I started getting the R Club emails again after that.

There hasn't been to many this year yet so you haven't missed much

Crobot91 07-22-2020 04:26 PM

Omega went down down as low as 33% for us folks who were willing to buy three during TRU's buy 2 and get 1 free sale. This only happened during the pre-orders though.

Regardless, I agree. I'm content to wait for TRU to get it and price adjust during the inevitable 25% off sale (ie BOGO sale). My Sentinel G1 Scorponok is doing a good job filling the void at this time. Eventually, he'll be moved to my G1 display once I obtain the Earthrise version.

EDIT: My bad, the above 33% off sale only applied to my purchases of POTP Predaking and TR Trypticon. I only ended up getting 25% off Omega due to the BOGO sales.

theoneyouknowleast 07-22-2020 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wervenom (Post 813471)
Have stock or have no stock?

No Stock in any stores in my area

C Spray 07-24-2020 12:02 AM

Only a one shot deal. Not an actual sightings release.

Matrix_Holder 07-24-2020 01:46 AM

It was a special order and not an in store stocked release.

AgeofTransformers 07-24-2020 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matrix_Holder (Post 813593)
It was a special order and not an in store stocked release.

Had 1 left on their shelf when I left so don't think just special order my friend....I just got the 2 from them because well to them I'm special I guess....

wervenom 07-24-2020 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AgeofTransformers (Post 813606)
Had 1 left on their shelf when I left so don't think just special order my friend....I just got the 2 from them because well to them I'm special I guess....

Possibly someone backed out on an order. As of now no EB has gotten stock

Colnando 09-11-2020 11:02 AM

Impatiently waiting to see this anywhere in AB

Sentinel2002 09-30-2020 12:31 PM

It's the end of September and I have yet to see Scorponok in the wild. I've been hoping that TRU gets a lot more in stock when it puts out Earthrise wave 2 but that is just unfounded optimism.

I would prefer to buy Scorpy at retail (and cash in that raincheck) but I am beginning to worry that Hasbro lowered the amount made because they had trouble moving the previous titans. Has there been any news?

canprime 09-30-2020 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sentinel2002 (Post 819269)
It's the end of September and I have yet to see Scorponok in the wild. I've been hoping that TRU gets a lot more in stock when it puts out Earthrise wave 2 but that is just unfounded optimism.

I would prefer to buy Scorpy at retail (and cash in that raincheck) but I am beginning to worry that Hasbro lowered the amount made because they had trouble moving the previous titans. Has there been any news?

Patience.

This is the titan for the fall/holiday season. It will be back in stock soon enough, just keep that raincheck at the ready.

delrue 09-30-2020 02:56 PM

joedick 12-05-2020 01:52 PM

Is this still on track to be sold in comic stores? I ordered online (I assume they buy through previews) and still waiting. I saw some random youtube comments saying orders have been cancelled, but obviously not a very reliable source.

Super_Megatron 12-05-2020 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joedick (Post 825678)
Is this still on track to be sold in comic stores? I ordered online (I assume they buy through previews) and still waiting. I saw some random youtube comments saying orders have been cancelled, but obviously not a very reliable source.

I saw it at my local comic store before I was able to buy it at TRU months ago. You would need to ask your local comic store.

savagephil 12-05-2020 10:22 PM

Got mine today at toys r us at Vaughan Mills they 5 of them unfortunately they are in the stock shelf across from the transformers section. I’m tall enough to have pulled two down but they still have 3 up there. U can still see the boxes from the bottom. I took one and left one ground level with the deluxes lol. This was around 530pm

joedick 12-06-2020 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Super_Megatron (Post 825696)
I saw it at my local comic store before I was able to buy it at TRU months ago. You would need to ask your local comic store.

Thanks for the info! I actually ordered from northmen, don't know if they have the same supplier as comic stores or deal directly with hasbro or someone else. I guess there's no reason to think it won't come through, I was just thrown off by those comments I read.

BeeTrain 12-28-2020 11:23 AM

Did ToysRUs.ca ever offer these? I never saw one in Quebec anywhere
They are on sale for $199, but I contacted customer service today and it seems have have none

RNSrobot 12-28-2020 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeeTrain (Post 827813)
Did ToysRUs.ca ever offer these? I never saw one in Quebec anywhere
They are on sale for $199, but I contacted customer service today and it seems have have none

Yes.

CyberDragon10K 12-28-2020 01:26 PM

I grabbed mine from a local TRU one time when they had 2 in stock.

Conveniently it was after their global 20% off TFs sale was over. Eh.

athanato 12-29-2020 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RNSrobot (Post 827814)
Yes.

you have to manually hunt for him at each store, their website does not show their actual in store inventory very accurately. It's actually better to use google to find their own inventory for online purchases but its never accurate for in store stock. with that said I do see him still in some locations in the GTA.

BeeTrain 12-29-2020 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by athanato (Post 827927)
you have to manually hunt for him at each store, their website does not show their actual in store inventory very accurately. It's actually better to use google to find their own inventory for online purchases but its never accurate for in store stock. with that said I do see him still in some locations in the GTA.

I did just that. After a number of calls, I scored one. The store told me that when the inventory falls to 1, they remove it from the site.

Thanks everyone for the help, as always.

athanato 12-30-2020 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeeTrain (Post 827929)
I did just that. After a number of calls, I scored one. The store told me that when the inventory falls to 1, they remove it from the site.

Thanks everyone for the help, as always.

Their site is broken, I've found multiple TRU in the GTA in Oct with 3-5 of Scorponok or Skylinks and nothing listed on the site, same for others that I found up to 10 each and non-existant on the site. Don't get me started on GI Joe Classified where I found 30 of them at Woodbridge and still non-existent on the site.

BeeTrain 12-30-2020 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by athanato (Post 828018)
Their site is broken, I've found multiple TRU in the GTA in Oct with 3-5 of Scorponok or Skylinks and nothing listed on the site, same for others that I found up to 10 each and non-existant on the site. Don't get me started on GI Joe Classified where I found 30 of them at Woodbridge and still non-existent on the site.

I agree their site is a complete mess. Crappy implementation of Salesforce Commerce Cloud (formerly Demandware). Their poor web experience just pushes collectors to the smaller shops where possible. The main thing keeping us at TRU are the exclusives or the store stock that we stumble on that no one knows is actually there, again due to their terrible site and inventory management.

big dawg 01-11-2021 11:58 AM

Some new pre orders at bbts, EE and dork side for scorponok (I went with dorkside due to having the lowest shipping and awesome cancellation policy in case a Canadian retailer gets it back).