Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Canadian Transformers News (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Transformers Masterpiece Grimlock Released at Canadian Retail (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=53707)

Benzo 06-11-2014 12:46 PM

Transformers Masterpiece Grimlock Released at Canadian Retail

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks to multiple sightings in British Columbia and Alberta, we now know that the Toys R Us Exclusive Masterpiece Grimlock has been released in Canada.

To find this and other Transformers in your area, check out the Canadian Transformers Sightings Forum.

DuG 06-11-2014 01:26 PM

Re: Transformers Masterpiece Grimlock Released at Canadian Retial

I wonder if we are going to get this item in Ontario stores before the preorders get sent out.

pandaprime 06-11-2014 01:57 PM

you bet your bippy it's released! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuG (Post 579807)
I wonder if we are going to get this item in Ontario stores before the preorders get sent out.

I would not be surprised if that happened. already happened here in Vancouver.

DuG 06-11-2014 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pandaprime (Post 579816)
you bet your bippy it's released! :)

I would not be surprised if that happened. already happened here in Vancouver.

If my memory can be trusted, which it has failed me on countless ocasions, the same thing happened last year with MP Soundwave showing up in stores before the preorders went out.

zuffyprime 06-11-2014 03:22 PM

sorry if this has been addressed before but how much was he on pre-order at toysrus.ca?

and how much will he be at retail?

thx :)

MULTIPLEX 06-11-2014 03:32 PM

He's supposed to be $99.99 plus tax but when the original preorder went up, TRU was having a %25 off sale so it was marked down to 74.99 plus tax. But TRU quickly removed that sale price likely because it only applies to in stock items, not preorders. But that fine print is not very clear or even available I think. Retail is also $99.99.

Scrapper6 06-11-2014 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MULTIPLEX (Post 579842)
He's supposed to be $99.99 plus tax but when the original preorder went up, TRU was having a %25 off sale so it was marked down to 74.99 plus tax. But TRU quickly removed that sale price likely because it only applies to in stock items, not preorders. But that fine print is not very clear or even available I think. Retail is also $99.99.

Which as we all know is utter BS because in the US if I am not mistaken he's 60$ Unless that was also a TRU error.

Wheelwave 06-11-2014 04:56 PM

I actually bought 2. One from 2 different ToysRUs.

Reflector 06-11-2014 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrapper6 (Post 579856)
Which as we all know is utter BS because in the US if I am not mistaken he's 60$ Unless that was also a TRU error.

They were accidentally using the old SKU for a couple of days and sold a lot at $60. They have since fixed that and added the correct SKU of $80 in the USA.

Nomad 06-11-2014 06:34 PM

Still bullshit that it showed up at mass retail before pre-orders were even sent out. Definitely makes me rethink making them at TRU in the future, especially since to my knowlege they can't be cancelled, and if they end up waiting more than 45 days to get it to you, then it can't even be returned.