Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Going in for Surgery (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=49707)

Gaetznes 09-28-2013 11:20 AM

Going in for Surgery

So I received the call yesterday. Confirming that I will be going in for surgery on Monday morning.

Already had a stent put in on Tuesday. I know its not a big surgery. Just 3 hours long and if all is well, no need to go hands in.

However, this is truly my first one that I've had to sign a weaver. That was blatant about internal bleeding. Ie, it may take longer then 3 hours if something gets blasted or torn prior to post op. Yet this is considered day surgery.

I'm not looking forward to this. I know I'm over reacting. All will be fine. That is all

There are only 3 things I'll admit to in life, that I fear. Highs, Spiders and Chronic Pain.

FEZaid 09-28-2013 11:26 AM

Re: Going in for Surgery

I have a fear of spiders, too. :p I wish you a safe procedure and a swift recovery.

brr-icy 09-28-2013 11:36 AM

Good luck aaron,

thaneofcremona 09-28-2013 11:40 AM

I wish you the best of luck. I know the worry your going through. In the spring I had to have a PCI to put in a stent due to chest pain and was placed in as a preventative measure(history of family heart disease). Everything went fine Recovery was great. and since then not any slight amount of chest pains.

Again best of luck and hope you a speedy recovery.
Cheers

Transbot90210 09-28-2013 12:37 PM

I love highs but fear heights myself :)

Best of luck to you. Don't worry about the waver, that is just worst case scenerio to cover their own asses.

All the best and may the Good Lord send his Angels down to protect and care for you during your surgery.

TMIIWonkoNemises 09-28-2013 05:03 PM

Good luck :)

Shepp 09-28-2013 05:32 PM

I've had stents put in me and removed, had a laser inserted in me and fired, wisdom teeth removed, and a long while ago, surgery on my big toes to remove 1/3 of the nails, where I had 7 needles plunged in between the toes of each foot.

Surgery is a horrible experience, but often the alternative is even worse.

That being said, once it's over you'll be able to look back on it with different eyes.

Memorize the litany against fear, and remember that denial can be a powerful thing. Even though you'll be there, just remind yourself that you aren't. That tends to get me through any experience that requires needles, which terrify me to the very core of my being.

Titus Prime 09-28-2013 05:54 PM

My prayers are with with you. :) I have two surgerys that weren't too bad but I had them when I was young. No worries my friend.

Gaetznes 09-28-2013 06:00 PM

I love tattoos. So no fear in needles. I also have a method of counting that calms me.

I also have issues with short term memory when on medication. So no worries about forgetting about the pain.

But I thank everyone for the words of support. I really appreciate it and needed it.

This monday will mark one full month that I have not been able to put in a full days work in. I look forward to be able to live again. With out causing additional harm and pain to myself.

Slayback 09-28-2013 06:35 PM

Good luck buddy. Best o luck.