Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Post your questions for the Transformers design team (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=82507)

General Tekno 04-14-2021 11:58 AM

Re: Post your questions for the Transformers design team

To what extent is there a language barrier between the Hasbro and TakaraTomy design teams? Considering how much collaboration there is I'm curious what sorts of methodologies are used for back and forth given I can't imagine both teams are fully bilingual - is everything funneled through a translator, or are there custom visual/lingual shorthands that everyone is familiar with?

(Incidentally, I want to pass on a thank you to Mark on the design team for continuing John Warden's tendency to namedrop which designers worked on a toy on the Hasbro/Takara side of things. Knowing who worked on what is always really cool to see as it lets one track their own individual design tendencies/characteristics.)

cr3d1t 04-14-2021 03:07 PM

Which figure had the longest gestation time between concept and production?

Which figure was the most challenging to design?

Which figure do you wish you had designed?

Which figure would you like to revisit if you had the chance?

What transformation step have you thought was really clever?

Which figure do you like to covert the most and why?

delrue 04-14-2021 03:19 PM

Does the team wish they could do more of the household object Transformers these days? Was it a fight to get a tape-deck mode for Soundwave made in 2020?

evenstaves 04-14-2021 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by delrue (Post 837084)
Does the team wish they could do more of the household object Transformers these days?

BRING BACK BOTBOTS

Grayfox 04-14-2021 09:51 PM

Transformers Collaborative question:

Since the line seems to be successful crossing over with outside IPs, are there chances we could see more collaborations with other Hasbro properties like Marvel's Ultimate X-Spanse? For example, a proper GIJoe vehicle that would transform?

Super_Megatron 04-15-2021 12:08 PM

Was able to ask the most important Amazon question.

The Amazon exclusive Coneheads have been on backorder since last year, no one in Canada received any for example. Is there a 2nd production run of this being done?
Hasbro was not aware of the issue Amazon was having fulfilling the exclusive seeker 2 pack. They are going to look at the possibility of doing a 2nd production run or a rerelease in the future, however.

Is there a plan to continue with the WFC G1 and BW figures after WFC?
Yes, planning to keep to this scale and to complete these micro collections.

More G1 reissues?
Did not deny :)

More Titans coming.

Was it a fight to get a tape-deck mode for Soundwave made in 2020 as a Walmart exclusive?
Not a challenge at all, they want something that is focused on the current media (Netflix).

More Leader class Dinobots to come.

More Beast Wars to come.

A new Armada Optimus Prime is still planned.

Shattered Glass may use older molds that are not current.

Dark Rage 04-15-2021 12:21 PM

Sweet, a shattered glass Ark Transformer! Just kidding.... Or am I?

CyberDragon10K 04-15-2021 12:37 PM

Good to hear about that micro collection completion thing. Distribution will be its own issue as it's already been, but still.

More titans though? I thought they were moving to two commanders a year instead. Huh.

RNSrobot 04-15-2021 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberDragon10K (Post 837164)
Good to hear about that micro collection completion thing. Distribution will be its own issue as it's already been, but still.

More titans though? I thought they were moving to two commanders a year instead. Huh.

That was a rumour without any real substance behind it.

homerrca 04-20-2021 03:36 PM

I know I am late but I wonder if they ever have plans on making the tetrajets (G1 accurate) as well as some of the other character modes (Like wheeljack or bumblebee as examples). I have always wanted to have a g1 cybertron bumblebee, jazz and wheeljack as well as the tetrajets.