Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Thoughts on Encore Megatron (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=4746)

jrodine 11-09-2007 11:24 PM

Thoughts on Encore Megatron

Hi,

I have an Encore Megatron on the way. I'm wondering what folks think about this guy. Is there someone who is able to post pictures?

Pascal 11-10-2007 12:31 AM

Re: Thoughts on Encore Megatron

The original Megatron mold is still my favorite for that character. Very cool transformation and a good amount of die-cast.

miasboytoy 11-10-2007 03:01 AM

i like the bookstyle takara version the best. you get the mace!! ive had or have had at one time all the versions of the reissues, the original and the diaclone versions. same gun except some fire bullets.

yuppa 11-14-2007 04:58 PM

encore is great, im really happy with mine.
g1 megatron ftw!

actually it felt really good opening him. I had original g1 for xmas in the early 80's, and a loser at school destroyed him very shortly after. Never had megatron since and a lot of nostalgia came with him.

only difference i could see from original g1 megatron, is this one shoots pellets.

CobraCommander 11-14-2007 11:42 PM

The original style packaging and artwork are beautiful with g1 figs, it's a good purchase!

jrodine 11-15-2007 01:34 AM

Megatron came in the mail today. I don't know if you guys apply stickers to your figures or not, but I applied Megatron's and two of them were munched during transformation. The two rectangular ones on his leg joints. Did anyone else have this problem? Other than that he's fantastic!

tusko 11-21-2007 02:48 PM

My encore Megatron is the pride of my collection.

Great figure and transformation. I've not put any of the stickers on because he really doesn't need them.

Considering he'll never get a Canadian release, thank you Kool Toyz for importing him.

QuadESL63 11-21-2007 05:54 PM

Encore retro packaging is nice... but I prefer the extra bundled in the Takara Collection Series Megatron reissue with the particle beam/laser mace :D

Oh, yes, apply the sticker and have fun :cool:

Metrotitan 11-21-2007 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrodine (Post 29479)
Megatron came in the mail today. I don't know if you guys apply stickers to your figures or not, but I applied Megatron's and two of them were munched during transformation. The two rectangular ones on his leg joints. Did anyone else have this problem? Other than that he's fantastic!

Yeah, same thing happened to my SP 16 reissue when I applied those stickers. It's always gonna happen due to the transformation. Better to leave them off...

RandomFerret 11-22-2007 03:13 PM

How's the gun mode? Good spring?