Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers Feedback and Reviews (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Transformers Prime Episode 26: One Shall Rise Part 3 Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=35346)

razin 10-09-2011 01:20 PM

Transformers Prime Episode 26: One Shall Rise Part 3 Discussion

So as Trizeo pointed out in the part 2 thread part 3 leaked early.

For those of who watched it, discuss!! For those who didn't and don't want to be spoiled, get out now!!

http://www.youtube.com//watch?v=YFoYLkrnWBY

Great finish to the season. No deaths, I thought for sure someone would bite it, but alas, no. Great to see some history brought in as backfiller, great for those who don't follow the lore completely....like me :P. (although I do have a general idea). The title could of this episode can easily be changed to "Return of Orion Pax". I assume Jack having the key to Vector Sigma will play a large role in returning Orion back to Prime. Have to wait and see how long season 2 takes this twist.

November 28th can't come fast enough!

Dragon Knight 10-09-2011 01:28 PM

Re: Transformers Prime Episode 26: One Shall Rise Part 3 Discussion

What a way to end the first season!

This season finale easily trumps Animated and Beast War's finale.

brr-icy 10-09-2011 02:01 PM

beast wars, agreed, but animated? no. omega supreme's reveal sent shiver's down my back (and i knew it was going to happen)

but i'm curious how this will go, and happy they didn't kill anyone...yet

transforminator 10-09-2011 02:33 PM

lol what a nagging cliffhanger...really want to see how they explore the relationship between optimus and megatron in season 2. GODAMIT 6 more weeks to wait though!!!!!!

trizeo 10-09-2011 07:46 PM

I loved the history lesson given by ratchet... the artwork really did something for me.

The BEST scene was OP & Megs fighting back to back....

Only thing that I didn't like, which is very minor, was the fact that OP didn't open the matrix... he just opened his chest. It was ok but would've been easiler better than Roddy opening the matrix in the 1st movie n' Prime opening it in the G1 days but none the less was sprinkled in awesome sauce..

The other thing that sucks is the wait time.... ya that's going to suck some major nuts!

jackwacko 10-09-2011 08:18 PM

So they accomplished the death of Optimus Prime without killing Optimus Prime, impressive, very impressive.

Great cliffhangers for a season finale, introduction of 2 MacGuffins, and some character development in the 'Cons side. I felt like Airachnid is now shaped into a Female Starscream, with Soundwave retaining his non-verbal agression(was hoping he's say at least "Soundwave Superior" or something).

Now TF:P Voyager Optimus Prime needs another gimmick of "Chest open to reveal Matrix of Leadership!" in order to make the entire fandom happy.

P.S: Voyager Soundwave Toy, with Laserbeak chest shield, please Hasbro? T_T

Akroyer 10-09-2011 08:29 PM

Favorite part for me was where Knockout remarked you have to watch out for the quiet ones, when Soundwave beat Arachnia. Was great, and we got to see 'Laserbeak'

(I hope that was part 3, I watched them back to back)

Megatronimus 10-09-2011 08:37 PM

OMG...I dind see that coming. Ill post some more detailed impressions later.

Gimme the damned toys Hasbro!!

Stapler 10-09-2011 09:18 PM

I wonder if this twist will last for most of season 2? This is a crazy turn of events and feels really fresh and exciting, it's like the writers decided to take all the usual TF cliche's and turn them on their head.

I was wondering how they would top Unicron and it looks like they found a way to do it. It's gonna be a loooong wait for season 2.

So... Can we expect "Optimus" to have a slick new black paint job the next time we see him? ;)

jackwacko 10-09-2011 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stapler (Post 378313)
So... Can we expect "Optimus" to have a slick new black paint job the next time we see him? ;)

Actually we can probably expect to see a deluxe Orion Pax, maybe some kinda Gladiator Megatronus repaint of the upcoming Deluxe Entertainment pack Megatron, 2 black repaints of in deluxe and Voyager if Orion Optimus does decide to get a new coat of paint. Did I mention they could pull a 2 pack of Prime and Megatron during the scene with Megatron and Prime along, where Prime would be semi-translucent with blue electric pattern while megatron being semi-clear purple. Just throwing out all the repaint ideas Hasbro tends to do.