Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Which of the Unicron Trilogy do you like more...or hate least? (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=22349)

Autovolt 127 04-09-2010 06:06 PM

Which of the Unicron Trilogy do you like more...or hate least?

I always wondered what people thought was better or was the one they hated the least of the Unicron Trilogy?

For me it's Cybertron/Galaxy Force suprisingly This is the series i got into transformers. I've seen armada, energon and beast wars but it was usually not the right time. Armada didn't know Transformers were toys, energon i got my first tf from the line...didn't buy much and bw had no toys to buy 2005....I still never bought the reissues. Cybertron had much better charecters than armada and enrgon, and i love the accents they make each tf stand out and the quest was pretty epic and of course we got Primus from Cybertron/Galaxy Force.

I want to hear your opinion and reasonings too.

Hobbyist Prime 04-09-2010 06:28 PM

Re: Which of the Unicron Trilogy do you like more...or hate least?

G1 all the way!!!!!! not that it's really that great but it is the one I grew up with and had to run home from school to make sure I didn't miss so the nostalgia thing keeps me coming back. As for the others I just really don't like the writing for any of them as far as the episodes go but I love the toys from all of them equally!

soundwaveCA 04-09-2010 06:33 PM

I can tolerate Galaxy Force which is not that bad, the others I can't watch without the urge to put a gun in my mouth.

Energon has the unique distinction of being so bad it's almost hilarious.

Team Jetfire 04-09-2010 06:36 PM

I went with Armada. I was 'into' transformers in a big way back then and I loved Armada. Energon almost killed it for me and while Cybertron was an all around great series, I wasn't into to it at that time. Looking back though, Cybertron would be tops as the toys have become quite epic.

soundwaveCA 04-09-2010 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Team Jetfire (Post 227685)
Cybertron would be tops as the toys have become quite epic.

Toy wise I would argue they are the best mainline TF line we ever got.

Nocturn 04-09-2010 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soundwaveCA (Post 227686)
Toy wise I would argue they are the best mainline TF line we ever got.

Take out the cyber keys and replace it with Oh, I dunno, buttons? And I would pretty much agree.

Tekkamanraiden 04-09-2010 06:55 PM

I'd have to go with the original series as my favorite. I could never get passed the horrible dubbing with Armada (I've tried twice and can't get through the first episode). I never gave Energon or Cybertron much of a chance. I absolutely hated Animated when it first came out as don't like that art style. I did manage to give it a chance and enjoyed it quite a bit (still hate the art style).

Echotransformer 04-09-2010 06:56 PM

Loved Cybertron toys, but found all 3 shows virtually unwatchable. My kids love them for some reason.. (duh)

Echo

Dragon Knight 04-09-2010 07:00 PM

I would like to say Armada...*avoids garbage being thrown* But only because it's the one I grew up with and remember the most!!

I thought Energon was kinda meg, and I gave up half way through Cybertron, I really didn't like the fact that they played them off as Super Robots....that and I always think that Americans trying to shout out attacks just doesn't sound as epic as it should...sounds rather silly.

Hobbyist Prime 04-09-2010 07:57 PM

^^ PokePrime, I choose you....................