Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What is your Transformers Budget? (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=38498)

vohkuhl 02-21-2012 05:48 PM

What is your Transformers Budget?

As the title suggest... How much do you budget for yourself? It can be daily/weekly/monthly/annually?

I've just started a TF bank (envelope) where I put in $50/week, I will only go into that envelope and nothing else.

jjwankenobi 02-21-2012 05:56 PM

Re: What is your Transformers Budget?

$50 a month. Goes into my PayPal account so most of my toy shopping is done on-line. If nothing interests me then my "Pile of Moolah" grows until I pull the trigger on something big (Encore 20 Devastator, here I come!!!)

sarmick01 02-21-2012 06:06 PM

At this point, whatever I can sell of mine will be used for new stuff. I really have no budget which really kinda sucks.

vohkuhl 02-21-2012 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarmick01 (Post 410502)
At this point, whatever I can sell of mine will be used for new stuff. I really have no budget which really kinda sucks.

I started budgeting cause I never had one before (a budget that is) and I would/could randomly drop a lot for TFs. In 2011, I dropped a lot but I was also doing catch up since I started collecting that year. Of course anything I sell on the threads will go towards that TF funds.

Robimus 02-21-2012 06:28 PM

Stuff I want is so few and far between that I don't really budget monthly. I might go for a couple months buying almost nothing, then drop $400 in a month. It all depends.

razin 02-21-2012 06:34 PM

I don't really have a budget per se. I just get what's leftover after the necessities are paid. Sometimes that's $50, sometimes it's a couple hundred. Also depends on what my wife is buying that week; she is a scrapbooker/crafter, so that schtuff can be pricey too.

vohkuhl 02-21-2012 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by razin (Post 410510)
I don't really have a budget per se. I just get what's leftover after the necessities are paid. Sometimes that's $50, sometimes it's a couple hundred. Also depends on what my wife is buying that week; she is a scrapbooker/crafter, so that schtuff can be pricey too.

I know what you mean, my wife isn't Martha Stewart but I can definitely see our future home with a room for her crafts and my man cave.

racerguy76 02-21-2012 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robimus (Post 410509)
Stuff I want is so few and far between that I don't really budget monthly. I might go for a couple months buying almost nothing, then drop $400 in a month. It all depends.

Same as this. No real fixed budget, but the longer I collect, the less I spend.

juxtapose519 02-21-2012 06:48 PM

$10 a week plus whatever I sell. I take a 20 out of the bank every other Friday and keep it in an envelope so I know exactly what I'm spending and what I have left... which most of the time is nothing.

jjwankenobi 02-21-2012 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by razin (Post 410510)
Also depends on what my wife is buying that week; she is a scrapbooker/crafter, so that schtuff can be pricey too.

My wife was into that for a while too...she'd horde Michael's coupons then do a big purchase saying "Look how much money I saved us!" to which I'd say "Why the hell would we need a $20 stencil cutter and 8 new rubber stamps???"

Mind you...all of our vacation photos look awesome in the scrapbooks she made herself.