Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Canadian Transformers News (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   The Cybertronic Spree to perform at TFcon Toronto 2014 (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=53203)

Super_Megatron 05-15-2014 12:58 PM

The Cybertronic Spree to perform at TFcon Toronto 2014

1 Attachment(s)
TFcon is excited to announce that The Cybertronic Spree will be performing live at TFcon Toronto 2014 on Saturday July 12th. The Cybertronic Spree is a band that performs the soundtrack from the 1986 animated film, The Transformers: The Movie in full costume at full volume. This will be a free event for anyone with a weekend pass to the world’s largest fan-run Transformers convention.

TFcon Toronto – The world's largest fan-run Transformers convention will take place July 11th to 13th, 2014. TFcon will return to the Delta Meadowvale Hotel and Conference Centre to celebrate the 30th Anniversary of the Transformers. You can book your discounted room now via the 2014 hotel reservation website. TFcon Toronto preregistration is now online. This is the only way to reserve the 2014 exclusive MASTERPIECE SHAFTER and to sign up for the customizing classes.

TFcon Toronto 2014 features Canada's largest dealer room for Transformers merchandise, question and answer panels and autograph sessions with many special guests including SUSAN BLU the voice of Generation 1 Arcee and voice director for Beast Wars, Beast Machines and Transformers Animated, GARRY CHALK the voice of Optimus Primal in Beast Wars and Beast Machines and Optimus Prime in Armada, Energon and Cybertron as well as AARON ARCHER former Creative Lead for all Transformers partnerships, NEIL KAPLAN the voice of Optimus Prime in Robots in Disguise, SARAH STONE artist for IDW’s Transformers: Windblade miniseries, Transformers: Robots in Disguise ongoing series comic book artist ANDREW GRIFFITH with more TBA.

Bruticus 05-15-2014 01:59 PM

Re: The Cybertronic Spree to perform at TFcon Toronto 2014

:siren: This is AWESOME!! After speaking with the Band and the organizers of TFCon, I was HOPING this would happen!! Hopefully the concert is going to be after the Dealer Room closes so we can all jam in and relive the '86 Movie in style!!! :raisetheroof:

Big Filipino 05-15-2014 02:12 PM

This is pretty cool. Where in the hotel will they be performing?

laffy 05-15-2014 02:19 PM

please tell me these guys are not for real... they are so off key and sound terrible but their costumes are good looking... A pass for me :)

Super_Megatron 05-15-2014 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruticus (Post 574878)
:siren: This is AWESOME!! After speaking with the Band and the organizers of TFCon, I was HOPING this would happen!! Hopefully the concert is going to be after the Dealer Room closes so we can all jam in and relive the '86 Movie in style!!! :raisetheroof:

It will be in the evening after the dealer room closes, yes.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Filipino (Post 574885)
This is pretty cool. Where in the hotel will they be performing?

It will be in the Britannia room where the autographs have been in previous years.

jjwankenobi 05-15-2014 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laffy (Post 574887)
please tell me these guys are not for real... they are so off key and sound terrible but their costumes are good looking... A pass for me :)

They are for real and they look fun. They perform 80s arena rock songs from the '86 movie which isn't everyone's cup of tea, but any self-respecting G1 fan has got to appreciate their tongue in cheek badassery on some level.

Wish they'd tour out West. I'd be there in a heartbeat.

Dear Cybertronic Spree,

Please perform at the Vancouver FANEXPO next year. I'll be the short guy in the front row air guitaring along to "Hunger".

Or perhaps you can play my son's Bar Mitzvah? I'll convert him to Judaism if you agree!

Sincerely,

jjwankenobi

laffy 05-15-2014 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjwankenobi (Post 574902)
They are for real and they look fun. They perform 80s arena rock songs from the '86 movie which isn't everyone's cup of tea, but any self-respecting G1 fan has got to appreciate their tongue in cheek badassery on some level.

Im well informed on the 86 movie and the sound track I own it :) I love the cross play but they really do sound off but each to their own I guess
glad that many will be happy. I go to tf.com for the real guests :raisetheroof:

mAk 05-15-2014 04:11 PM

This is still the best version of You Got the Touch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYAAbbuEpnw

Sureshot22 05-15-2014 05:07 PM

Who?

laffy 05-15-2014 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mAk (Post 574918)
This is still the best version of You Got the Touch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYAAbbuEpnw

now that's what the band should sound like... the sounds are mixed nicely :clapping: