Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   International Transformers News (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Transformers Kingdom Leader Galvatron, Deluxe Scorponok and Titan Class Autobot Ark R (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=82465)

Super_Megatron 04-07-2021 01:50 PM

Transformers Kingdom Leader Galvatron, Deluxe Scorponok and Titan Class Autobot Ark R

https://news.tfw2005.com/wp-content/...il-Reveals.jpg

You want more news today?* OK here you go…* Hasbro has officially revealed several new Transformers items over on IGN, leading into Friday’s Hasbro Pulse Fan Fest.* And these are some biggies.* Titan class Autobot Ark, Leader class Galvatron, and Deluxe class Beast Wars Scorponok.* Read on for the pics and stay tuned for full product details!

The post Transformers Kingdom Leader Galvatron, Deluxe Scorponok and Titan Class Autobot Ark Revealed appeared first on Transformer World 2005 - TFW2005.COM.

More...

Napseeker 04-07-2021 01:53 PM

Re: Transformers Kingdom Leader Galvatron, Deluxe Scorponok and Titan Class Autobot A

Not as impressed by the Ark as I thought I'd be. Looks a bit underwhelming for such an expensive pricepoint, so I'm actually relieved that I can pass on this...

delrue 04-07-2021 02:02 PM

Re: Transformers Kingdom Leader Galvatron, Deluxe Scorponok and Titan Class Autobot A

Galvatron looks good. Definitely getting that Scorponok. Really like like the look of the Ark and having a little Teletran one transformer is such a good idea. Don't really go for toys in that size class though.

Darkroar 04-07-2021 02:35 PM

I really like Scorponok, although his proportions seem a little off.

I may get Galvatron; I go back and forth on him. There are just a lot of little things I don't like about him that seem to add up. At the same time, it's Galvatron.

The Ark is an easy pass for me. I'm just not feeling it. The look isn't great to me and it's just something I don't need.

Whisky Tango Foxtrot 04-07-2021 02:37 PM

If they down-scaled the Ark to a Voyager I might buy it. Not going anywhere near it as a Titan, though, both due to the price and the amount of space it'd take up.

CobraCommander 04-07-2021 02:38 PM

The Ark will be mine! Nice to see some fresh new ideas.

xueyue2 04-07-2021 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whisky Tango Foxtrot (Post 836504)
If they down-scaled the Ark to a Voyager I might buy it. Not going anywhere near it as a Titan, though, both due to the price and the amount of space it'd take up.

Well, it is possilbe that the Ark will be Voyager size, and selling at Titan class price tag.

And Hasbro will justify this saying "we count the parts, it's the same as the other titan classes."

theoneyouknowleast 04-07-2021 03:38 PM

At the listed 19" the ark is smaller then other titans, and those gaps in Ship mode are glaring.

I was already not likely to pick it up, and it need to be super wow to change my mind. At $250CDN retail ..... just doesn't feel worth the money. I'm not sure on a TRU 20-25% sale I'd bite.

RansakWORK 04-07-2021 03:44 PM

That ark looks gross.

RNSrobot 04-07-2021 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkroar (Post 836503)
I really like Scorponok, although his proportions seem a little off.

I'm surprised he's only a deluxe and I expect that deluxe budget is the reason why he is short. The original toy was a "mega" aka voyager, and the og toy had very long, spindly legs.

Marcotron 04-07-2021 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theoneyouknowleast (Post 836511)
At the listed 19" the ark is smaller then other titans, and those gaps in Ship mode are glaring.

Those gaps in the back quarter are huge. A cover panel or something curved to make that not be a giant hole would have been nice.
Hopefully a cough cough third party company cough can make a panel that covers that.
Overall, it looks chunky, and probably simple to transform. Not what I would want from a $250 figure. The add-on figure looks neat, and having it turn into teletran-1 is cool.
That said, I have yet to buy any of the titans past Devastator, so I doubt I will be buying this one.

Scorpinok is a want and possibly a need for me. I never had the original, and finding an original is damn near impossible.

Galvatron, the way they are passing off voyagers for leaders these days, it's going to be have to be super incredible to replace a figure I just bought a couple of years ago. I don't think it is at this point, but I'll watch some reviews and decide.

Tiffster 04-07-2021 05:15 PM

Galvatron looks good. I was ok with tr galvy but likely he is now replaced. Never had beasty scorponok before so yes to complete the cast. The Ark I want for the ship mode, honestly don't care for the robot. They should have had it transform into the Autobot headquarters playset Instead. He was never a robot. Marvel comic fans will call it AUNTY maybe that's the next generation selects lol.

chaingunsofdoom 04-07-2021 05:20 PM

150 USD for the Ark converts to C$190 today according to Google. C$250 would be vastly overpriced, so expecting it right around Black Zarak price due to the usual gouge.

RNSrobot 04-07-2021 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaingunsofdoom (Post 836523)
150 USD for the Ark converts to C$190 today according to Google. C$250 would be vastly overpriced, so expecting it right around Black Zarak price due to the usual gouge.

You're correct, and yet: Omega and Scorponok were $149.99 USD and $249.99 up here.

barf

RNSrobot 04-07-2021 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiffster (Post 836520)
Galvatron looks good. I was ok with tr galvy but likely he is now replaced. Never had beasty scorponok before so yes to complete the cast. The Ark I want for the ship mode, honestly don't care for the robot. They should have had it transform into the Autobot headquarters playset Instead. He was never a robot. Marvel comic fans will call it AUNTY maybe that's the next generation selects lol.

FUCK. Autobot HQ would have been way cooler!

Collectingtoys 04-07-2021 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xueyue2 (Post 836507)
Well, it is possilbe that the Ark will be Voyager size, and selling at Titan class price tag.

And Hasbro will justify this saying "we count the parts, it's the same as the other titan classes."

Yup, so Hasbro. :rofl:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiffster (Post 836520)

Also agree on the Autobot HQ playset, that would have been worth $149.99USD of awesomeness!

At $249.99+tax CAD, in my opinion, the current awesomeness doesn't match the price.

Soundwaves 04-07-2021 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xueyue2 (Post 836507)

I lol'd.

Sun Swipe Prime 04-07-2021 07:04 PM

This shouldn't be, but for me, Scorponock is the figure that catches my eye the most. The other two seem to lack a *ahem* spark to them.

protoform_ironhide 04-07-2021 07:47 PM

I wouldn't judge Scorponok just yet until there are actual side by side comparison. He can be tall too just like Ironhide or Hoist from Siege line which both are just deluxe. I thought this line is supposed to keep the bots in scale, so we will see. Don't think I have any interest in the Ark, good for those who likes it. He looks weird by the ways..

TriBlurr 04-07-2021 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by protoform_ironhide (Post 836539)
I wouldn't judge Scorponok just yet until there are actual side by side comparison. He can be tall too just like Ironhide or Hoist from Siege line which both are just deluxe. I thought this line is supposed to keep the bots in scale, so we will see. Don't think I have any interest in the Ark, good for those who likes it. He looks weird by the ways..

Scorponok wasn't very tall in the show. No bigger than Tarantulas or Waspinator.

RNSrobot 04-07-2021 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TriBlurr (Post 836540)
Scorponok wasn't very tall in the show. No bigger than Tarantulas or Waspinator.

You know, you're right. I think my perception is colored by his original toy!

The 12th Prime 04-07-2021 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CobraCommander (Post 836505)
The Ark will be mine! Nice to see some fresh new ideas.

Agreed and same, to have the Ark and the Axalon I have together will be sweet. Going to park that Ark on Metroplex in carrier mode.

I wonder if Haslab Unicron is going to get retooled into Cybertron/Primus?

ssjgoku22 04-07-2021 10:19 PM

Funny thing is you can't sleep on any of these releases lately. There's no time to give a thought to buying these figures. You literally have to preorder them as soon as they go up, scour every store until you find one or that's it. Black Zarack was such an obscure character and is already selling out at places. Omega and Scorponok sold extremely well (luckily Scorponok is getting a re-release).

Ransak The Elder 04-08-2021 12:11 AM

you can get Omega Supreme fairly easy still. Bought mine recently from TFToys (banner on right) and they still have more.

Robimus 04-08-2021 12:44 AM

Love the Scorponok

evenstaves 04-08-2021 10:07 AM

Yes, yes, and YES

Having the original Scorponok ultra (nabbed loose at a con), I have been dying for a proper "show" representation of him
I don't care that bot mode looks a bit squat in the chest, I LOVE this

Galvs is most likely a yes, but if it takes a while for me to pick it up, may see some better variants down the road? We'll see

Liking the Ark's deepcut to Marvel comics' "the Last Autobot"; that head/face sculpt is pretty blatant
Digging lil' Teletraan/Mainframe there, always loved the pack-in deluxes with the titan-classes (wth, Omega!)
Also, these shots of Ark are not really showing a "playset" mode - does this mean everyone's predictions about Ark being compatible with all the new "core" class G1s's, is out the window? Espec with that itty-bits lil Optimus lookin exact the same as the HotRod/Galvs packed in w/Unicron - suggesting the Ark's scale in advance? "NO, this isn't for use with the cores, it's for the itty-bits! SIGH" etc

Probably in if the price isn't bananas, already got a BlackZarak called though, so maybe won't be able to afford it

SleeplessKnight 04-12-2021 11:30 AM

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned this yet

D "Hot Rod, look! There's a hole in the shuttle!"

HR "What? Decepticons!"

Those gaps in the side of the ship aren't a design flaw, it's a play feature!

We just need a mini starcream and constructicons to hang out in there.

Tiffster 04-12-2021 11:57 AM

Just ordered ark from Zavvi usa for $150 usd with $5 shipping. No idea what customs would be. Ship date is July 1so I have time to chicken out.