Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers Feedback and Reviews (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   IDW TF MTME #1 (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=37541)

Megatronimus 01-12-2012 12:40 AM

IDW TF MTME #1

I dont know how many of you went out to pick this up, but if you havent, I highly recommend it. One of the best TF's comic of the last few years, and one of the better overall comic books of the last 6 months.

A great set up for things to come. Plot moves at brisk pace, but maintains a solid level of character development. Prowl is a dick. Rodimus is still a naive but well meaning. Ultra Magnus is awesome. And Whirl is pure evil. Great action scene involving Cyclonus, and touching (if humorous) scene between Bee and Ratchet.

The last four pages are jaw dropping. Cant wait for next month.

bedtime 01-12-2012 01:12 AM

Re: IDW TF MTME #1

ah shit i'll have to read it before bed for sure then

Ozrein 01-12-2012 02:42 AM

Screw you Megatronimus! I was trying to stop the comics as of "the Death of Optimus Prime". I read the preview of the MTME issue and decided I didnt like the artwork. Now you have to go and spoil everything by saying how good of a comic this is... dam you, dam you all to heck!!

(disclaimer: most of the above is sarcasm (other than the part of me trying to stop getting the comics))

Matrix_Holder 01-12-2012 03:01 AM

It was one of the better G1ish book from IDW....why 7 coverage though?

Msol 01-12-2012 03:38 AM

Oh man.. sooo good! Loved it, but I'm sad Roche is only doing the art on the 1st issue.

Vain 01-12-2012 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Msol (Post 401021)
Oh man.. sooo good! Loved it, but I'm sad Roche is only doing the art on the 1st issue.

What really? I love his art, such a fun style. What animated should of been like.

Megatronimus 01-12-2012 09:48 PM

Roche's art is such a throw back to Geoff Senior TF's art. Simple clean lines and dynamic action.

nukedproducts 01-12-2012 09:58 PM

i caved in after saying I would wait for the TPB's and bought issue one and a have to say I love Nick Roche's work on this issue. the story was fantastic and I just loved all of it.

Megatronimus 01-12-2012 10:19 PM

Milne is great though. But, this was Roches best issue to date. And the colorist complimented his style perfectly.

shockwing 01-12-2012 10:26 PM

so is this recommanded for a person who wants to start reading TF comics? or do I need to go back and read past issues?