Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   POTP Predaking disappointment! (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=72831)

FreakNasty 06-14-2018 07:11 AM

POTP Predaking disappointment!

Anyone else like me just realize that Predaking's hip and thighs are the backpacks on the leg bots?

It looks absolutely ugly!

So it sadly seems like I'll only be displaying him as Predaking only.

Longshot 06-14-2018 08:50 AM

Re: POTP Predaking disappointment!

Where did you get PotP Predaking? I haven't seen him around.

Pascal 06-14-2018 09:02 AM

There are a couple of reviews on YT.

xueyue2 06-14-2018 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreakNasty (Post 762413)
Anyone else like me just realize that Predaking's hip and thighs are the backpacks on the leg bots?

I know that long time ago, there are quite a few posts talking about this since the pics were revealed months ago. I already pass the disappointment stage, and just ignoring this POTP Predaking.

MapleMegatron 06-14-2018 09:25 AM

Quote:

We have known since he was first revealed at toy fair in february. Everyone was talking about it for a while. Then it was accepted and people either chose that it would be a dealbreaker or not.

Pascal 06-14-2018 09:32 AM

Just watched the videos, looks like a really fun set. Combination is pretty unique!

DCompose 06-14-2018 09:49 AM

Never understood the problem with this. Combiner wars Devastator as well as G1 Devy had the same extra parts to problem and no one batted an eye.

Prime Sinister 06-14-2018 10:51 AM

Is there parts forming? Or do the gestalt thighs fold back.

MapleMegatron 06-14-2018 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DCompose (Post 762435)
Never understood the problem with this. Combiner wars Devastator as well as G1 Devy had the same extra parts to problem and no one batted an eye.

He didnt. The combiner thighs and legs were integrated into Longhaul. Him being a 6 member combiner helped in this case.

Pascal 06-14-2018 11:13 AM

Forearms were separate pieces though. Chest shield too.

anotheran 06-14-2018 11:37 AM

he's a little thin around the waist but i'm picking him up. they'll probably be some 3rd party parts to beef him up anyways.

for anyone not liking it, lots of options to go around: mastermind creations (my fav), unique toys, TFC

chroma23 06-14-2018 11:38 AM

u cant please everybody with combiners

some people complain about combiner parts being useless when in individual modes, and on the flip side, some people complain about kibble when combiner parts are fully integrated into the figures like this predaking

wattswc 06-14-2018 12:03 PM

Maybe I'm crazy but I actually really like this. Will definitely be picking him up!

RNSrobot 06-14-2018 12:05 PM

I like to transform CW Devastator and sometimes pose them in robot mode. I sold my Takara due to financial issues but it was definitely more satisfying to have Takara Devy in robot mode.

So it is a little tough to deal with the big thigh columns on those two in robot mode. But Predaking himself looks fantastic and ultimately that's the mode he will spend 80% of his time in.

Sun Swipe Prime 06-14-2018 12:50 PM

Alt modes are ugggleeee. Bot modes are pretty solid. Combined mode is pretty solid too. This is all IMHO.

Unique and decent attempt by Hasbro. About what I expected it to be. Will be displaying in Combined mode.

Alexander Quinn 06-14-2018 03:05 PM

The only thing that kind of bugs me is that I think the rhino and bull heads are too tiny. I think they’d look better in beast mode with bigger beast noggins. Still gonna pick it up, and excited to see it finally starting to show up in the wild.

DCompose 06-14-2018 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MapleMegatron (Post 762445)
He didnt. The combiner thighs and legs were integrated into Longhaul. Him being a 6 member combiner helped in this case.

His Forearms were seperate pieces, in both CW an G1.

Not to mention G1 the whole crotch piece is seperate.

FreakNasty 06-14-2018 03:33 PM

This new Predaking can't be just a one off mold.

That's a lot of R&D and money just for a one off.
I'm worried this is how future gesalts will be like.

Pascal 06-14-2018 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreakNasty (Post 762481)
This new Predaking can't be just a one off mold.

Devy was a one-off mold too. And Trypticon. Only Metroplex sorta got reused in that class.

DCompose 06-14-2018 04:13 PM

I think one of them will become Snaptrap.

WereDragon EX 06-14-2018 04:15 PM

Better Devastator and Predaking, which was the "better" combiner, such as in terms of transformation, stabiolity, accessories, ease of transformation, articulation and poseability of both the combined mode and component bots, etc.?

Sun Swipe Prime 06-14-2018 05:05 PM

Thinking about this more, the price point on this is about the same as the oversized KOs of the MMC version. There are alternatives but not sure the quality is any better.

Alexander Quinn 06-14-2018 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime (Post 762491)
Thinking about this more, the price point on this is about the same as the oversized KOs of the MMC version. There are alternatives but not sure the quality is any better.

What is the price for this going to be? Don’t think I’ve run across that yet.

xueyue2 06-14-2018 07:33 PM

I think around 200?

Pascal 06-14-2018 08:20 PM

Likely 229.99, like Trypticon.

mAk 06-15-2018 01:04 PM

I'm so disappointed too because I pose all of my Transformers backwards.

Quote:

RNSrobot 06-15-2018 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mAk (Post 762547)

*pop*

mAk 06-15-2018 03:50 PM

I try ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by RNSrobot (Post 762553)
*pop*

Alexander Quinn 06-15-2018 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xueyue2 (Post 762501)
I think around 200?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pascal (Post 762507)
Likely 229.99, like Trypticon.

Yeesh. Hopefully not. That’s a bit crazy for 5 Voyagers. Devastator was $180, which seemed pretty reasonable, but he was 6 figures. If it’s tapping at $200, that’s a nope. Not sure I’d be down with the $180, tbh.

Nocturn 06-15-2018 08:01 PM

Buyer's remorse before it's even released? Lol...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexander Quinn (Post 762577)
Yeesh. Hopefully not. That’s a bit crazy for 5 Voyagers. Devastator was $180, which seemed pretty reasonable, but he was 6 figures. If it’s tapping at $200, that’s a nope. Not sure I’d be down with the $180, tbh.

If previous Titan figures are any indication, getting Predaking for below $180 should be easy.

optimusb39 06-15-2018 08:10 PM

Ill stick with my ko os mmc predaking. May be cheaper plastic but his pure presence matches tw devy on the shelf.

ssjgoku22 06-15-2018 10:27 PM

I don't see why there's so much hate for the figure, I think it looks fine. I'm definitely going to buy it because I need a Predaking and this one is to my liking.

positivelyken 06-15-2018 10:44 PM

I think it's kind of clever how Divebomb's wingpack becomes the frame for the torso and pelvis of the combined mode. It's almost like a sixth member of the team.

WereDragon EX 06-15-2018 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by positivelyken (Post 762586)
I think it's kind of clever how Divebomb's wingpack becomes the frame for the torso and pelvis of the combined mode. It's almost like a sixth member of the team.

Too bad the wings are so small and barely visible from the front of Predaking on some angles.

Pascal 06-15-2018 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by positivelyken (Post 762586)

Yeah! At first, I really though the wings were just your typical Predaking backpack. This new type of combination is really cool. And the legs are really... Brave-esque?

FreakNasty 06-16-2018 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mAk (Post 762547)

Right....

Its a cheating gimmick to make him bigger than other gestalts and I would say is on par with parts forming transformers and shell formers.

Its lazy and for $229 Canadian I expect better.
Buying this could make Hasbro think they can get away with it and next thing you know, all new gestalts releases come out with backpack dongs on their back.

People already hate the Power of the Prime armor gimmick, but at least you can remove it and be done with it. But with this, its never going to leave.

*Poppity Pop*

Autovolt 127 06-19-2018 03:10 PM

I'll be honest I never cared for G1 Predaking, so I'll pass on this version...unless i can get one for $50 or less.

I'd rather have a Universe 03 Razorclaw.

WereDragon EX 06-19-2018 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreakNasty (Post 762613)
Right....

Its a cheating gimmick to make him bigger than other gestalts and I would say is on par with parts forming transformers and shell formers.

Its lazy and for $229 Canadian I expect better.
Buying this could make Hasbro think they can get away with it and next thing you know, all new gestalts releases come out with backpack dongs on their back.

People already hate the Power of the Prime armor gimmick, but at least you can remove it and be done with it. But with this, its never going to leave.

*Poppity Pop*

It also seriously impedes the Predacons' ability to be good standalone figures, unlike say the Terrorcons or UW Technobots.

mAk 07-19-2018 01:18 PM

I can't believe I'm saying this, but when I put them side-by-side, I prefer POTP Predaking over OS KO Feral Rex.

https://s8.postimg.cc/ryhdu8lfp/3732...51241472_o.jpg

darjeeling 07-19-2018 01:34 PM

I'd like to know if there's any way to use the wings and hands from the OS KO Feral Rex with POTP Predaking. Are there any common points with the connectors? I'm very fond of the articulating wings on the MMC version, and I was hoping there might be an way to do some partswapping between the two.